speckled odometer??? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
speckled odometer???
Thursday, January 05, 2006 5:56 PM
I think this is in the right forum, if not I'm sorry and please move this accordingly.

Quick Question for yall.

I start the car this morning to head out to work and look at my odometer and notice the mileage is there but has light specks all around it. Last night it was fine. Wasn't cold and I didn't do anything to it. As the day progressed it cleared up a little, but there are some specks still hanging around. I've never seen or heard this before and couldn't find anything in the search.

Has anyone encountered this and what did they do to fix it?
Thanks,

Peace Out!

Re: speckled odometer???
Thursday, January 05, 2006 6:28 PM
smack the dash

Thursday, January 05, 2006 7:10 PM
Try Head & shoulders.

Thats Him Officer The WICKED One.

Friday, January 06, 2006 11:32 AM
chris orr wrote:Try Head & shoulders.

^^^ No problem there. Lol.

Well I did try to smack the dash when this happened yesterday and that didn't help any.

This morning I fired up the cavi and the big specks are gone, there are smaller ones
in different spots. I hope it'll clear up. I guess it's like an odometer pimple that I can't pop,
just have to let it go away. I just hope it's nothing serious (moisture, etc). Worse case I'll have to get a new cluster.

Peace Out!

Friday, January 06, 2006 12:49 PM
My cuz has that prob with his 01 cavy....it just gets worse...its so bad on his now that he only has 16000km on his car.....not 176 like it should read....

And all he does is just smack it a bit...sometimes it works...sometimes not.

"I know not with what weapons World War III
will be fought, but World War IV will be fought
with sticks and stones."
-Albert Einstine-
Friday, January 06, 2006 5:31 PM
I spoke with someone about the odometer. Mine went out and smacking the dash is not a fix. I was told it's either a bad ground, bad connection, or the LED array has gone out. There is a company in Michigan called Dash USA that fixes all kinds of gauges and clusters. When I can afford to have my car down, I'll yank the cluster and send it to them for repair.

"Beer is proof that God wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin
Friday, January 06, 2006 10:58 PM
prob cheaper to just get a used cluster, but maybe not

Saturday, January 07, 2006 9:21 PM
The speckles pretty much cleared up. It's just at the top and really faint. The numbers show up pretty strong, so I guess for now I'm good.

Monday, January 09, 2006 12:34 PM
yeah, again for 2000+ the milage is stored in the ECU so no issues changing out the cluster....

speaking of which, I have a good used cluster (no tach) from a 2000 cavalier, cheap if anyone wants, email me.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search