My ACT clutch blows master cylinders - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My ACT clutch blows master cylinders
Thursday, October 06, 2005 9:19 AM
I am so tired of this clutch !
For 2 years now I can't seam to hold preassure on the system.
Each time it gets bled it will slowly over time loose preasure takes about 2 months for the gears not to grab.
And it also blows master cylinders on my third !
Any suggestion beside putting a stock clutch in ?

PIKE 97 Z24 5SPD

Re: My ACT clutch blows master cylinders
Thursday, October 06, 2005 9:35 AM
what kind of fluid are you using? you may just have to bleed it every so often.

see ya!

Thursday, October 06, 2005 12:10 PM
HA, you got screwed TOO. At least they used lube on you. After 15 minutes of driving my car with an ACT, clutch. The dam gears wouldn't go in. I replaced the master cylinder, the fluid umteen times, went through 2 slave cylinders and 650.00 just to return to a factory spec clucth, which still cost me 500.00 to get put in. Finally got the car back after a month in the shop of nobody knowing what the heck was going on. I had a horrible experince witht the product and even worse service from the company when i asked them what was wrong with it. Nobody knew anything. I now have a 450.00 PAPERWEIGHT!!!!!!!. I'm still not over it. Dirty swines.

But I hope that all goes well. Good luck.

I am what I am and it is what it is.
I am the 2nd most untrusted person in the world next to a lawyer,welcome to our dealership, may I help you?
Thursday, October 06, 2005 4:35 PM
I just put in my act clutch and fidanza lightweight flywheel yesterday.I havent had any problems with it.It grabs as soon as i lift the clutch pedal off the floor.I didnt really have a chance to drive it.I only put like 30 miles on it,but so far so good.Atleat its better than the piece of @!#$ spec stage 2 i took out.That thing squeeled like a pig when i took off in first gear.Then 1 day i was at a red light light and i heard a pop noise.The squeeling went away,but when i took the clutch out,3 or 4 fingers on the pressure plate were bent.
Good luck.

Peter
'06 Cobalt ss/sc W/G85 Package
Gm Stage II W/2.79" Pulley
K&N Drop In Filter
Custom Magnaflow Dual Exhaust

Friday, October 07, 2005 3:10 PM
How is it running now?

PIKE 97 Z24 5SPD
Friday, October 07, 2005 3:45 PM
Its still running great.What clutch do you have anyway?I have this one.Its a street disc with a heavy duty pressure plate.I dont know what to tell you.There are a few people on this site with an act clutch and i havent heard of anyone having problems with them.

Peter
K&N Drop In Filter

Friday, October 07, 2005 3:46 PM
Oops,try this

Peter
K&N Drop In Filter

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search