GM Part #s needed - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
GM Part #s needed
Thursday, July 21, 2005 10:06 AM
I have a 2002 with the ecotec and because of that its next to impossible to find the right parts.

Im looking for the GM part # for the alternator and the gm part # for the front wheel bearings

I plan to order off gm parts direct so thats why i need it

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Re: GM Part #s needed
Thursday, July 21, 2005 10:16 AM
i am school rignt now but i can get them for you later today if no one else can....i have a mitchell collision manual...that has a lot of part #'s.

Thursday, July 21, 2005 11:49 AM
I found this - 95-99 Hub assembly Front w/bearing 7470014.. GM PArts Direct $85.11 .i know you have an 02 but I imagine it is still the same. I got that part number in one of the FAQ's, maybe in the performance forum....

http://members.cardomain.com/scrawnyguy18
Thursday, July 21, 2005 12:11 PM
Don't buy GM wheel bearings, get a set of Timken ones, they are all the same from 95-05. They are also cheaper ($75).

The alternator is also the same on all cars from 95-05, so just pick one and run with it. I wouldn't suggest getting that through GM either, unless you like wasting money...

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, July 21, 2005 12:28 PM
The AC Delco Alternator on GM Parts direct is 152 with no core charge closest other price was autozone duralast which was 178, napa was also 187, and they both had core charges on top of that or i could get the fancy color ones at napa for 237

Wheel Bearings at auto zone are the Timkin ones, also are they right and left specific or are both sides the same, looks like they are the wheel bearings off GM parts direct are 102 shipped

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Thursday, July 21, 2005 12:51 PM
Both are the same, definately do not get the GM ones, I did, and ended up replacing it again 2 months later with Timkens. Plus Timken has a lifetime warranty on thier bearings I believe.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, July 21, 2005 12:51 PM
the Timkin ones are both sides non side specific... and they come with a seal to seal off the back of the bearing unlike the gm units...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search