a BUNCH of problems!! - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
a BUNCH of problems!!
Tuesday, July 19, 2005 2:21 PM
Seriously, my 1997 Cav is being a big pain in my ass.
Problem #1: Yesterday I rolled the passengar side window down (power), went down no problem, but stopped going up about halfway up. I think maybe it's the motor but then I am thinking what if when we did my wiring extensions for the lambos if maybe something got crossed...any ideas?

Problem #2: My car has been kind of sputtering for awhile, my dad replaced the water pump and almost all the sensors but one...I parked for almost a year now and went to actually drive it today but after I put gas in it, it kept sputtering to stall (it never did) but when I pulled in my driveway, I would give it gas and it would hestiate to actually move. The check engien light is on and so is the ETS off light which is also weird because that light usually only comes on if you drive in 1st or 2nd.

Problem #3: Going to the gas station, decide to put my signal on and they don't work. Usually if a bulb is dead it has my signal lights stay on on my dash but it's not doing that either. I am thinking that maybe we might have crossed the wires when we did my doors for my LED Mirrors but would that effect my front signals?

I am stumped cause all I wanted to do was take my car to some paint shops and then this happens

Please help!!

UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!!
Check out my site http://members.cardomain.com/lil_z

Re: a BUNCH of problems!!
Tuesday, July 19, 2005 3:32 PM
get a eco........................
Tuesday, July 19, 2005 7:09 PM
So can you check--are you sure the alternator is charging the battery--14+ volts at the battery terminals with the engine running.

Just a thought as the window went down but only half way up--could be low volts

Spluttering--mine did when the alternator to battery cable was damaged--charge light wiring was fine so it said everything was working--wrong

Indicator circuit --well a long shot but could be.

Post again if it's OK

Alont
Tuesday, July 19, 2005 7:17 PM
# 1 your window motor
#2 could be below 87 octane fuel,or old fuel. How many km on her? could be sparkplugs.
#3 could be the fuse.

hope that helps.

maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow....... but some day
Tuesday, July 19, 2005 11:07 PM
mine sputters now. I replaced the oil filter, fuel filter, spark plugs, O2 sensors,and everyhting else you can change but it still sputters. I don't know what else to do besides rebuilding the engine.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search