06 Sunfire Power Window Issue (need help) - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
06 Sunfire Power Window Issue (need help)
Sunday, April 08, 2012 1:09 PM
Hey all,

First post, and first problem with my car. I was driving home and I went through a toll and rolled my window down to pay , it stopped half way and now it wont go up or down. When I push the button i hear a faint click inside the door. I do not know if my motor is dead or something is just jammed. I used a youtube video to learn how to remove the door panel which I did but at the point I found alot of wires which was intimidating to me. If someone would tell me what I can do to manually close the window temporarily or if someone could tell me how to determine the problem for sure or fix it that would be excellent. (if part are required a $ amount would be useful so I know what to expect)

Thanks very much in advance

-Mike

Re: 06 Sunfire Power Window Issue (need help)
Monday, April 09, 2012 4:32 AM
Sounds to me like you need a motor. They are cheap like 50 bucks from napa, but to install it you have to remove the regulator assembly, drill out the rivets, use new rivets for new motor, unless it comes with bolts, then put it all back together. Not hard at all. Also, if you like working on your car, a haynes repair book is very helpful.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search