advice on brand name - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
advice on brand name
Tuesday, March 20, 2012 9:34 PM
i found a fuel pressure regulator on rockauto.com for a damn good price but never herd of the brand name STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS anybody got any experience?

Re: advice on brand name
Tuesday, March 20, 2012 9:36 PM
Wednesday, March 21, 2012 7:44 AM
standard is one of the oldest names in auto parts out there. good stuff.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Wednesday, March 21, 2012 8:05 AM
Standard and Dorman are the two main companies that sell to all auto parts stores.

T-Series Parts from standard are the cheapest parts they can buy. My company actually just stopped supplying to Standard. They wanted us to supply the parts for cheaper than the bill of materials is. They now buy from Korea and China instead of buying anything from us. We literally can not buy the raw materials for the price they are selling " the clone" parts for. In the United States the plating on the replacement part is outlawed here by the EPA.

You get what you pay for, but I'm very bias on this subject.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, March 21, 2012 8:53 AM
so should i go with standard motor products but stay away from the t series?
Wednesday, March 21, 2012 11:39 AM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:Standard and Dorman are the two main companies that sell to all auto parts stores.

T-Series Parts from standard are the cheapest parts they can buy. My company actually just stopped supplying to Standard. They wanted us to supply the parts for cheaper than the bill of materials is. They now buy from Korea and China instead of buying anything from us. We literally can not buy the raw materials for the price they are selling " the clone" parts for. In the United States the plating on the replacement part is outlawed here by the EPA.

you mean the governments regulations are stopping business from working? say it ain't so!

on a side note teh work you do with custom parts is what it is all about.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 1:37 PM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:Standard and Dorman are the two main companies that sell to all auto parts stores.

red box stuff still good? i know i used to sell blue streak like crazy, then one day we just stopped carrying it.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Thursday, March 22, 2012 11:30 AM
Standard, on some parts are selling the mid level and upper level as the EXACT same part. Just charging more for a different color or slight difference. They wanted us to plate our parts with different plating types, and/or colors, so they can sell them under each tier, but they were all the SAME.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, April 04, 2012 9:07 PM
I actually have 2 of their fuel pressure regulators (I accidentally had 2 in the shopping cart and didn't realize it).

I wonder if it might be the cause of my problem.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search