Clunk noise? Strut? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Clunk noise? Strut?
Friday, July 30, 2010 9:53 PM
So I solved the squealing noise. The front brake pads were worn down. Replaced with Wagner Thermo-quiet Semi-metallic, and bedded in properly. (Awesome pads, by the way, they give great pedal feel and very linear braking, quiet too). Anyway, the other noise I have is from the rear driver. When going over rough pavement, or bumps in the road, there is an additional CLUNK noise. I haven't gone over it in detail, but I did a cursory glance looking for loose parts, I didnt' see anything. It is only in the driver-rear. It isn't a loose exhaust. Though a few of the hangars are rusted out, the muffler hangar was just replaced, and there is plenty of room, and the bumps that can cause it are not big enough to move the exhust. Anyone have any ideas as for what this could be? Struts are relatively new, only 19,000 on them, Monroe quick-strut I think in the back, Monroe Sensa-tracs in the front. Any ideas are welcome.

Re: Clunk noise? Strut?
Friday, July 30, 2010 10:06 PM
Very common problem is strut mounts in our cars. Try replacing it and see if the noise goes away.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search