Service Engine Light / Passlock Light - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Service Engine Light / Passlock Light
Friday, July 30, 2010 11:59 AM
Hi all,

Looking for some suggestions on where to continue looking in trying to fix this. Problem has been going on now for about 5 days now. Car is a 2000 SunfireSE 2.2 The service engine light comes on pretty much right away along with the passlock light in the cluster, gauges all die and come back to life intermittently while driving. When that happens all the lights in the cluster come on and go off except for the two mentioned above and sometimes the traction control light. Engine runs great no hesitations and keeps on going just great when this happens. All headlights, running lights, daytime running lights are working normally. Only thing that also happens when the cluster goes haywire is the radio will shut off. Have also had a message appear in the odometer once saying "error"
I've started checking the wiring for grounding but haven' found anything yet. Scanned with my scanner and no codes come up but it won't read ABS etc....
Any ideas or suggestions would be great, otherwise I'm going to have to get GM to scan it at the cost of $100 - $200, which I don't want to pay, of course.

Thanks,

Stefan

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search