No turn signals,hazards,or brake lights! searched! - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
No turn signals,hazards,or brake lights! searched!
Tuesday, March 24, 2009 5:18 PM
I did a little search on this but didnt find what I wanted. My turns,hazards,and brake lights arent working and the fuses are fine. When I hit the turn or hazards I get nothing, nobuzzing or anything, just dead silence.

Now heres the deal, I was wiring in the 3rd brake light on another spoiler I put on and had to pull the wiring up a little bit through the hole in trunk. I read this can cause a short somehwere back there, did I pull a ground off or something? Does this sound familiar to anyone?I thought the flasher at first but remembered I had messed with the wiring back there, and the flasher doesnt tie in with the brake lights does it?

Re: No turn signals,hazards,or brake lights! searched!
Tuesday, March 24, 2009 5:27 PM
you could have the wiring where you tapped for the wing reversed causing a dead short. try switching them. or disconnect see if they come back

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 5:46 PM
I just checked and they were hooked up properly and heatshrinked. Disconnected them though back to the way they were and still nothing.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 7:10 PM
Think I figured it out..the wires for the 3rd brake light were touching then when the brake was applied it blew the fuse. Gona grab a couple fuses in the morning and see what happens.

Friday, March 27, 2009 1:48 AM
Might want to also grab a few spare relays from the salvage yard. You could have blown a relay (it's pretty common unfortunately).
Friday, March 27, 2009 11:05 AM
I figured it out. It was just a fuse,also picked up a few spares and a fuse tester. Thanks though!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search