Idler Pulley - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Idler Pulley
Monday, March 23, 2009 10:47 AM
hey guys, i have been watching this site for a looonngg time now, and i would just like to say its a great site and the cars are great and the info is great too, so props to everyone!

well today my idler pulley decided to die! i heard some noises at the engine and while checking it the idler pulley just went flying lol, so i took it and replaced the bearing and now i want to install it back, so my question is as follows:

while searching here i found info about installing it and it says that i should take off the bracket but i think it can be installed without that but does it matter? because i noticed that it needs to be alligned in the center or is it ok to install it without being aligned?

also is there anything that goes behind the pulley? that is between the pulley and the bracket? or does it fit just right on?? i did lots of work on my cavy but never took the idler pulley apart so i don't know if there should be anything behind it or it just directly sits on the bracket using the bolt?!

here are pics i took, in the first you can see the hole it goes in at the bracket, in the second pic you can see the back of the pulley i have, in the third you can see the front of pulley with bolt, and in the last pic you can see the back of the pulley with the bolt in... so i need to know in the last pic is there anything that goes there on the bolt and sits between the pulley and the bracket or it just bolts on the bracket the way it is? and what about the alignment (should the bolt be aligned in the middle or it doenst matter)? can i just install it with the bracket on the car or is it really necessary to take the bracket off??

by the way the car is a 99 cavy sedan with the 2.2 ohv!

and yeah i know the engine is tooo dirty lol, just waitin for the summer to come so i can clean it up...

thanx a lot!!

pics:

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search