2000 cavalier won't start - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2000 cavalier won't start
Wednesday, January 03, 2007 4:22 PM
My friends 2000 Cavalier won't start. When you turn the key on to try to start it you get nothing. None of the cluster lights or radio work either. The horn, headlights, and flashers still work, but when you try to start it it won't do anything. We checked the battery, all of the fuses, all of the connections at the starter, etc. they are all good. We also tried the ignition switch, and it is good to. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be, we are totally lost here.

Re: 2000 cavalier won't start
Thursday, January 04, 2007 5:10 AM
1. When you turn the ignition ON do the normal lights /indicators up on the cluster illuminate then go out as you crank?

or

2.[None of the cluster lights or radio work either.] by this you mean they never come on

If it's 1., there is still a bad connection somewhere.

2. I would check to see if a fusible link has blown (If you have then in that model)

I am sure someone here will let us know if that model has fusible links

Alont
Thursday, January 04, 2007 5:39 AM
is the starter good?

if the battery has proper voltage, and you don't hear something from the starter when attempting to turn the car over, the starter is most likely bad.

Thursday, January 04, 2007 6:11 AM
Does anyone know if this model has fuseable links anywhere that may have blown. It is a base model 2000 cavalier with the 2.2L. I am getting absolutely nothing when I go to crank the car, no cluster lights, no radio, no blower motor, nothing, it does not even try to crank at all.
Friday, January 05, 2007 4:08 AM
If you put the headlights On (You said they still work) then crank it

--do the lights then dim/go out?

--or does the starter not even attempt to crank?

Alont
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search