SMOKED a curb! - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
SMOKED a curb!
Sunday, December 24, 2006 9:32 PM
god damn i smacked a curb and bent a rim and messed up some other things things my car has a nice wobble at anything over 60kph the steering is off a little bit its hard to keep the car on the road i am all ways having to adjust the wheel i had it looked at by my auto shop teacher and he said the sub frame is shifted and the left front controal arm is bent can you guys give me some ideas as to what else what be messed up i know you cant see the car but some one things that you guys can think of thanks i checked the tierod ends and the ball joints they checked out good so just give me some ideas of things i could have messed up thanks!

Re: SMOKED a curb!
Monday, December 25, 2006 7:05 AM
sorry for all the errors i did this late last night and i had a few drinks
Monday, December 25, 2006 7:09 AM
wow...drinking and driving....

Monday, December 25, 2006 7:28 AM
well if its bad enough that is messed up the subframe, your gonna need a subframe, control arm (if your replacing the arm your gonna replace the ball joint), the rim (I'd get a new tire as well) chances are the tie rod is bent and if the (the whole thing not just the tie rod end) and thats a big impact on the wheel bearing, it wouldn't surprise me if the bearing started to go sometime soon. If it was my car I would just replace all that stuff and align it.

Monday, December 25, 2006 7:34 AM
Madison Zanette wrote:sorry for all the errors i did this late last night and i had a few drinks

WOW i hope that was after you finished driving.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Monday, December 25, 2006 8:34 AM
well I highly dought he was driving drunk smashed a curb, went to school which was still open, and his teacher was still there, who then inspected the car, sent him on his way drunk in a messed up car, and then he came home posted this.......

chances are he rocked a curb a few days, last night when drinking he actually posted about it.

Monday, December 25, 2006 9:46 AM
cheak your tie rods, control arms, streering knucle..... and other parts. See whats bent and replace it. Its not that hard of a job. Good Luck. No more drinking and driving please! lol.
Tuesday, December 26, 2006 5:04 AM
yep, bent parts.

I agree with Dstars, replace your tire because you probably ruined the steel belt.

------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, December 26, 2006 10:50 AM
LOL no drinking and driveing for me i just posted this when i had a few drinks lol thanks guy for the advice i forgot to say that my tire is pushed back about a inch aswell and it rubs the inner fenderwells at lowspeed turns
Tuesday, December 26, 2006 3:15 PM
I had the exact same thing happened. I turned it into insurance and had a body shop fix it. It was around $900 in damage. Turned out that the lower control arm was bent, bad steering knuckle, and had the hub replaced. I have the quote yet with all the part numbers on the parts that were replaced. They replaced all that stuff, had it aligned, and it is just like new.

The body shop guy showed me a quick way to see how badly it is bent. Hold your palm out flat, and see how many fingers you can stick between the rear of the tire and the bottom inside of the fender (closest to the driver door) while holding your hand horizontal. Then go and do the same thing on the other side and see how much of a difference there is. On the side that wasn't hit on my car, I could fit about 3 fingers, and the side that I hit the curb on, I could barely fit 2, which is why it is rubbing.

Post back with the results.

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited
1999 Cavalier Z24 Supercharged
1999 Grand AM SE (Beater Car)
1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Tuesday, December 26, 2006 7:10 PM
will do thanks for all the info man!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search