Help!!! Need advice - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Help!!! Need advice
Wednesday, August 09, 2006 7:11 AM
Ok it has been a while but I know that there are some people on here with some really good advice. I had a problem with my battery the other day. To make sure it was my battery I jump started the car and then disconnected the neg. terminal. The car stayed running! So I went and bought a new battery and repaced it. when I removed the positive cable it totaly fell apart. I went and bought a replacement end for the wire and hooked everything back up. When I started the car I had to give it gas. Then the car died? I started it again and it died again. Well I figured out finally that as long as I had my foot in the gas pedal it stayed running. when I removed my foot from the pedal it dies. I am now at a total loss of what the problem could be, I figured that before I let a service shop tell me what I did wrong I would consult the J-body group and see if I could save about $100. if anyone has any clues please let me know by either posting or an e-mail would be great (Wallabear@gmail.com). I want to tank you guys in advance for any advice you may have.

Walt

Re: Help!!! Need advice
Wednesday, August 09, 2006 9:37 AM
The most obvious, you have a fuel problem unrelated to the

electrical system ...

Please forgive simplistic suggestion, check your gas

tank first...

Certainly let us know how your diagnosis progresses...
Wednesday, August 09, 2006 10:34 AM
the garage and GM mechanics are saying that since I disconnected the battery while the car was running I most likely fried the TPS relay on the ECU. Where is the ECU located?

Thursday, August 10, 2006 5:10 AM
now don't this beat all!!! I got in to drive my car to the garage to have a scope put on it. The darn thing fired up and ran like a champ. No problems idling or anything. I let it sit over night when I put the battery in and that was all. How/why this happened I have no ideal.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search