touch up paint - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
touch up paint
Sunday, November 21, 2010 8:43 PM
how do i put this...i had a wing on my cav. A big one. But i took it off, and welded the four holes with a mig welder. Now there are four spots of bare metal on my trunk. I understand that no matter what i do the trunk isnt going to look like the wing was never there, because it did warp a bit from welding. What im asking is for some advice on making it look at least a little better. I have the small touch up bottle of the factory paint and a spray can of it, as well as primer and lots of bondo. any guidance on the steps i should take after i have grinded the weld spots flush with the rest of the trunk would be so awesome.

Re: touch up paint
Wednesday, November 24, 2010 9:28 AM
Probably easier just to get a trunk from the junkyard and paint it to match your body color.

Sunday, December 12, 2010 7:58 AM
^^^ Yep, what he said...

Ipud wrote:We put Jap Traps on cinder blocks around here. We don't wave the American flag for novelty

I proudly own American cars, nothing else....

Sunday, December 12, 2010 2:39 PM
send it to me ill tig weld it or get a new trunk cover 30 bucks at the yard..
Tuesday, December 14, 2010 12:05 PM
I vote you try to smooth it out with the bondo you have and paint it. After you probably screw up pick up a new deck lid from a scrapyard. That way next time you want to do bodywork or paint something you will have a little practice .
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search