Help installing a body kit - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Help installing a body kit
Tuesday, November 16, 2010 8:11 PM
i got a xenon body kit for pretty cheap and the front and rear bumpers match up perfectly but the side skirts im having some problems getting on.. the insides of the bow outward and that and i can't figure out how to get them to stay where they should.. i tried double sided tape.. many brands but no luck at all

Re: Help installing a body kit
Tuesday, November 16, 2010 8:43 PM
Rivet them on. They wont go anywhere.
Wednesday, November 17, 2010 1:09 AM
did your car come with a body kit installed prior to this kit? if not, are there holes for the clips used to hold the skirts on? are you useing the clips?. are the skirts intended to be clipped or taped into place?.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010 11:17 AM
no bought the kit from someone else after i got tired of my old bumpers not looking good at all. there are holes where it looks like they should be attached to the body but i have no clips for them or anything
Wednesday, November 17, 2010 12:17 PM
If I recall about those xenon sides, there are a bitch.

you will have to probably rivet them in to get them to stay or try using some urethane? a buddy of mine did that and i think it worked, maybe im wrong?

Saab Kit, GM Reflash, 10 psi
Thursday, November 18, 2010 6:26 AM
If your talking about the windshield urethane, it works. My buddy did his skirts on his grand am that way and he'll have a hell of a time getting them off.

Thursday, November 18, 2010 10:28 AM
the lemur wrote:If your talking about the windshield urethane, it works. My buddy did his skirts on his grand am that way and he'll have a hell of a time getting them off.

my friends used it to hold his lip onto his 02 wrx.. and im using it to hold the side pieces of my 3pc spoiler.

Thursday, November 18, 2010 11:27 AM
u could use the urethane, just pray that you never need to remove a fender if you do this with your sideskirts.

Thursday, November 18, 2010 9:22 PM
Any way of putting them on there with out wrecking the metal and that If I ever remove them?
Friday, November 19, 2010 10:30 PM
mitch t wrote:Any way of putting them on there with out wrecking the metal and that If I ever remove them?

If youre going to put them on do it right, a few options to find them would be ebay,dealership,gmparts.com,you pull it.. dont rivet ,dont glue..ect ect.. should you need to take them off later for some reason you want to be able to do it easily with as little damage to the skirts as possible.

Sunday, November 28, 2010 3:53 PM
Got Chevy? wrote:
mitch t wrote:Any way of putting them on there with out wrecking the metal and that If I ever remove them?

If youre going to put them on do it right, a few options to find them would be ebay,dealership,gmparts.com,you pull it.. dont rivet ,dont glue..ect ect.. should you need to take them off later for some reason you want to be able to do it easily with as little damage to the skirts as possible.

how are you saying that i should put them off? right now i just have them taped and zip tied on there but the middle of them wont stick and sag out and you can see the gap between the car and the skirt

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search