rear defrost quit on me well not me but whatever - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
rear defrost quit on me well not me but whatever
Friday, November 12, 2010 2:34 PM
Here it is, a co-worker of my wifes has an 04 cav. Her rear defrost quit working, the light comes on on the dash, and the fuse looks good(according to her, I haven't looked at it)
Any ideas what else to check? Non of the lines will defrost, in other words the whole darn window stays frosted.

Thank you in advance!

Re: rear defrost quit on me well not me but whatever
Friday, November 12, 2010 2:47 PM
Make sure there isn't a burnt spot on any of the lines. If fuse is good, not looks good, I've also heard of the plug melting. It's under the dash, it's a two wire plug, and I know one of the two are a fat purple wire, I'm sure others can elaborate.

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs
Friday, November 12, 2010 6:50 PM
Driver side kick panel, you'll see a green plug. Wire in there is melted. Fix, problem sloved. Been covered many times

M62, 42's, ZZP 3", ZZP S3 H/E
214whp 190wtq
Friday, November 19, 2010 9:54 AM
when i was younger, i thought a fuse was bad if the end tips had a burn mark, i remember looking at a blown one and thinking its good cause the ends were clean lol now i know...
not being sexist, just check the fuse out for her, i know plenty of women who cannot understand the simplest things about engines

Friday, November 19, 2010 10:12 PM
95LsCoupe wrote:not being sexist, just check the fuse out for her, i know plenty of women who cannot understand the simplest things about engines
\

aaaaand a fuse had what to do with an engine?..

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search