flowmaster - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
flowmaster
Thursday, November 04, 2010 8:17 PM
i plan on putting a flowmaster 40 series delta on my 01 z24. i currently have a magnaflow fartcan on it and wat somethin a little more beefy and not ricey. i need some help though with the inlet and outlet sizes. im using the stock pipe and i need to know also if any should be offset. That would be great! thanks.

Re: flowmaster
Thursday, November 04, 2010 8:27 PM
if i remember flowmaster literature correctly the 60 series is more suited for the 4 bangers. Maybe the 70. oh and you want offset in center out. and its 2" pipe stock.

Thursday, November 04, 2010 8:33 PM
ok thanks and ive seen youtube videos of the 40 series and its sounds 10x better then the 60s. lol but thanks a lot.
Friday, November 05, 2010 4:48 AM
i had the 60 series its fine with stock piping but i went to 2.5 piping and it couldnt handle the flor and sounded all tungy and sucked so i got a super 40 and put it on no wit sound BEAST. i am on youtube djbeefyaz look for my vid of my exhaust

Friday, November 05, 2010 5:08 AM
I'm running the 40 delta flow on my truck and I really like it (maybe a little too quiet still )...but I don't know what it would sound like on a 4 cylinder as my truck has a 5.3 V8.

Friday, November 05, 2010 8:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s05fXAJ2QB8

thats why i want the 40! hahahahah cuz my cavalier is a little more country than all of your guys's... like i got camo @!#$ all over it and stuff. so tahts why i want the more beefy sounds and not the ricy. but in that vid.. it sounds fantastic.
Friday, November 05, 2010 10:39 AM
i have the SUPER 40 on my 05 sounds good. and that video you posted is on a v6 of course its gonna sound deeper lol

Friday, November 05, 2010 11:11 AM
yeah those v6 cavys all sound the same to me (regardless if they have an exhaust).

Friday, November 05, 2010 12:09 PM
flowmaster doesnt flow for @!#$.... but if you want sound and dont care about performance or flow, then go with it.

Sunday, November 07, 2010 11:19 AM
So what does flow since you pointed out what doesn't?

Sunday, November 07, 2010 11:30 AM
for the most part, dynomax super turbo, borla is up there.

there was a few magazines that did articles on them, i know chevy high performance did one and so did super chevy. i mean we still have the full flowmaster system on the 71 camaro, it doesnt flow for @!#$ but flowmasters do sound really good when paired right.

Monday, November 08, 2010 7:14 AM
Owen Hix wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s05fXAJ2QB8

thats why i want the 40! hahahahah cuz my cavalier is a little more country than all of your guys's... like i got camo @!#$ all over it and stuff. so tahts why i want the more beefy sounds and not the ricy. but in that vid.. it sounds fantastic.

V6 = total mind @!#$ if your doing exhaust.

Now that's what it'll sound like on a 4 banger. 2.25 Cat back, highflow cat, 18 inch resonator, and Flowmaster 40 series delta.

M62, 42's, ZZP 3", ZZP S3 H/E
214whp 190wtq
Tuesday, November 09, 2010 12:17 AM
dynomax flows best of anything, ive seen the test results mentioned. Its a big improvement too. It also sounds really nice, but if u want the BEST sound, flowmaster is prolly best, just not the bset performace

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 8:28 AM
If my memory serves me correct a friend of mind found a flow chart comparison of different mufflers and the Cherry Bomb Vortex flowed the most (even more than a glasspack, which its kinda weird),

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search