Fog lights for 03 Sunfire - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Fog lights for 03 Sunfire
Wednesday, May 13, 2009 6:32 PM
I did the search and there was only one input.

My question is, I need to replace the bulbs in my fog lights, where can I get a set of blue ones at a fair price and wont burn up my wiring?

I heard to go to GM or E-bay.
But I also heard many complaints here on E-bay lights not working.

GM wont have blue lights.

Anyone get some good running blue lights in their Sunfire?

My wife's 2003 Ecotec 2.2 liter Sunfire:
* 2 1/4 inch turbo muffler
* 2 1/4 piping to a 2 1/2 inch resonator
* 2 1/4 inch catalytic converter
* 2 1/2 inch down-pipe
* a match ported 4:2:1 RK Sports 'clone' header
* an AEM true cold air intake NOPI edition
* 8 gauge ground wire kit
* Toyz front strut brace
* Vibrant rear strut brace
* and Russell stainless steel brake lines all around.

Re: Fog lights for 03 Sunfire
Wednesday, May 13, 2009 6:44 PM
I wouldn't recommend getting blue bulbs. You can't see $hit with them. Instead, I would recommend Sylvania Silver Star bulbs. They're the stock wattage so they won't burn up your harnesses and they are much brighter and better quality than any blue bulbs. They can be found brand new on eBay for very cheap.

Just my $.02 though.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009 8:03 PM
For the fogs Id also say use the Silverstars or get some Yellow ones, they are great for auxiliary lighting.

Thursday, May 14, 2009 7:46 AM
Stay away from Silverstars..They burn out way to fast..Myself and a few others have had tons of issues with them...I swaped to the PIAA 880,bulbs...Way nicer light then the silverstar..And so far the have lasted over a year with no issues..Stay away from cheap bulbs that will cause wiring issues..
Saturday, May 16, 2009 3:28 PM
People have problems with Silver Stars not lasting because they touch them with their fingers when installing them which decreases bulb life. You have to be very careful not to touch the glass with your fingers when you are installing them because the oils from your skin greatly reduce the life of the bulbs.

I had Silver Stars in both my Sunfires and they lasted for quite a few years in both cars. I just installed them in the high and low beams and fog lights in my Vibe GT and they are so bright and white. I love them and, best of all, I got them brand new for uber cheap on eBay.

Saturday, May 16, 2009 8:43 PM
Sorry but I know how to install bulbs..Never touched them..would be lucky to get 2 months out of them...And I am not the only one with this issue...Thanks to Canadian tire for always warranting them..but after a year of those crap bulbs I was done..
Sunday, May 17, 2009 5:53 AM
Well, you must just have bad luck than because myself, along with many others, have had Silver Stars last a couple years without any problems whatsoever.

I'm sorry but the price of the PIAA bulbs, even on eBay, is absolutely ridiculous. Not to mention, they give off that horrible Ricer blue reflection which looks so freakin' tacky.

Just my $.02 but I think the Silver Stars are definitely a way better deal price, performance and color wise.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 5:15 PM
I despise silverstars they are overpriced for their output and just do'nt perform the way a bulb that price should IMHO. I've had them in a few cars and they just let me down greatly barely an improvement over cheap bulbs.

Get some yellow bulbs since yellow cuts fog better blue will just reflect like hell and cause you to lose visibility. Hunt around Ebay for some they typically go for the $10-$20 range and will help.

JGM T-SHIRTS!!!!

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Alexis: Dustin, you're ghey, lol. I am better. I have tits, and tits rule all.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 6:44 PM
I have no ricer Blue with the light on...And I only payed 30 bucks for them..I dont think that is over priced..Myself and a Buddy of mine with a 03 Sunfire both had nothing but issues..And both of us swaped to Piaa and had No issues..
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search