fog painting tips??? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
fog painting tips???
Monday, February 09, 2009 7:27 PM
ok painted my fogs blue and was going to put a yellow fog in. ok my question is. with painting them and putting in a yellow fog are the going to shine yellow or have a heavy green tint to it? just wondering from those who have painted the fogs on what the light output is like? thanks.

here is a pic when i mean painted.

Re: fog painting tips???
Monday, February 09, 2009 8:20 PM
I would think you would get a green output.

Monday, February 09, 2009 10:51 PM
Quote:

painted my fogs blue and was going to put a yellow fog in

" Aint nothin' but a Peanut!"
Monday, February 09, 2009 11:11 PM
blue + yellow = green.

i believe a 1st grader coulda told u that! i never understood that lip. unless mounted on a base model bumper.

WiGM-Tuners member.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009 5:50 AM
yeah, it will still project a yellow/slighlty green golor on the road, but will look pretty green in the lens.

I would go white a bright white bulb myself.....but thats just me.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009 5:53 AM
LiTCaV (The Bright One) wrote:
Quote:

painted my fogs blue and was going to put a yellow fog in

glad that 90% of your post are being mister perfect. maybe you should take your own advice. sorry for stepping outside of the norm in the modifying land.

02 redbadged (now premium) wrote:blue + yellow = green.

i believe a 1st grader coulda told u that! i never understood that lip. unless mounted on a base model bumper.

yeah i asked the 2nd grade neighbor kid last night and he said green to. he also said that cavaliers are for poor people that think there gonna be someone. but what the hell does he know. glad you can talk down on me when you have a clue of my intentions for my car. it also has thed 2200 so let me guess pointless to even modify the car right? search alittle on my intentions and not be a duchebag with the wantabe corvette.

thanks for the reply from you two idiots with no proof. now lets relate this to if i had tinted the fogs black and added a yellow bulb. how much does that affect the light output?

Tuesday, February 10, 2009 5:59 AM
John Benham wrote:yeah, it will still project a yellow/slighlty green golor on the road, but will look pretty green in the lens.

id have to agree with this. you'll probably get a decent yellow output but when looking at the lense its going to look green. what did you use to paint it? why not remove the paint from the fogs?

Tuesday, February 10, 2009 6:13 AM
AWD GS wrote:
John Benham wrote:yeah, it will still project a yellow/slighlty green golor on the road, but will look pretty green in the lens.

id have to agree with this. you'll probably get a decent yellow output but when looking at the lense its going to look green. what did you use to paint it? why not remove the paint from the fogs?

painted with some duplicolor paint. it will wipe off with some thinner.(i've had to remove it from other parts i have bought before.) i haven't takin the time to wipe it off yet, that and i just did it yesterday. the reason i thought about leaving it is because it makes it so the lights don't stick out and kind of flow with the car. the only down fall is i know it looks a little tacky. i think i am gonna pick up some bulbs today and see the out come. i will probably also pull the fogs and clean them up and probably paint them yellow. like i planned originally. thanks

Tuesday, February 10, 2009 6:21 AM
Why not just a light coat of blue?

they wont stand out as much but wont affect your output as much??

Tuesday, February 10, 2009 7:02 AM
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:
AWD GS wrote:

painted with some duplicolor paint. it will wipe off with some thinner.(i've had to remove it from other parts i have bought before.) i haven't takin the time to wipe it off yet, that and i just did it yesterday. the reason i thought about leaving it is because it makes it so the lights don't stick out and kind of flow with the car. the only down fall is i know it looks a little tacky. i think i am gonna pick up some bulbs today and see the out come. i will probably also pull the fogs and clean them up and probably paint them yellow. like i planned originally. thanks

IMO they stick out more. to me things that are trying to be body matched but are a shade or 2 off, stick out even more. id get some thinner and wipe it off. or if you want, get some yellow vynal for the fogs and use regular white bulbs. i know plenty of people that have done that and it makes for a nice yellow output.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009 7:59 AM
I agree that a yellow film would give you the tinted look, and output you want.

I would recomend linex (sp?) their products are made specifically for this.

The blue does make them stick out more than a clear lens, I think a yellow lens on a blue car looks pretty sexy.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009 9:32 AM
oh snap.

WiGM-Tuners member.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009 11:13 AM
John Benham wrote:I agree that a yellow film would give you the tinted look, and output you want.

I would recomend linex (sp?) their products are made specifically for this.

The blue does make them stick out more than a clear lens, I think a yellow lens on a blue car looks pretty sexy.

link or anymore info on this? thanks

Tuesday, February 10, 2009 11:22 AM
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search