Black trim around sunroof panel - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Black trim around sunroof panel
Wednesday, February 04, 2009 6:25 PM
On my Sunfire, the black plastic trim between the weatherstrip and glass is chipped off in several places. I can see what appears to be aluminum flashing that is exposed in the chipped areas. Will this create any trouble? I searched, but couldn't find anything. Any info would be appreciated.

Jim

Re: Black trim around sunroof panel
Wednesday, February 04, 2009 6:32 PM
pic please , hard to know what your talking bout but if its the trim piece that im thinkin of no it wont do anything it just a anti rattle for the glass

ShowOff Customz
03 Cavalier
73 Beetle
68 Fairlane 500

Friday, April 24, 2009 6:31 PM
He means something along the lines of this....this happened to me after a bad hail storm running through TX last week.

I dont know if this is fixable or if it's gameover and has to be replaced.....it sure does look like it's going to be exspensive.
Yes, I need paint, thanks for noticing.

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!" -Anonymous
Friday, April 24, 2009 7:46 PM
next time im in the junk yard ill mess with one to see if its removable

ShowOff Customz
03 Cavalier
73 Beetle
68 Fairlane 500

Friday, April 24, 2009 8:16 PM
Yeah, I've pulled the glass in the past before to realign the tracks...I'm gonna pull it again and see if I can actually pull the glass out and see if the aluminum under there can't be powder coated and reasemble. It doesn't look like that serves much purpose since the glass should seal inside the aluminum and then you have the window gasket that seals in the actual sunroof pocket. Maybe this is only there to limit the moisture that could possibly leak into the aluminum around the glass....i dunno. We shall see.

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!" -Anonymous
Saturday, April 25, 2009 9:04 PM
Josh,

I brushed flat black paint on to the exposed areas. Since my original post, I lost a big section on the passenger side. As long as I don't have any water leaks, I am not going to lose sleep over this fragile plastic trim.

Jim
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search