Questions for your Retrofitters!!!! - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Questions for your Retrofitters!!!!
Saturday, July 26, 2008 10:10 AM
Ok guys. heres the deal. if you havent read my post in P&M i am retrofitting a set of projectors in to my 95-99 Headlights. Now.... the projectors i am using accept a 9006 Bulb. i got very lucky at finding them and am also very happy. but. they were used for foglights on a Lexus RX300. why... i dont know. anyways. my question is. will these projectors work properly for my low beams (i am keeping my high beams as well) or will i run in to problems with them??? so far just putting light to them they seam like they will be PLENTY bright enough to use for the low beams. and once i get HID's they should be even better. but im just worried im doing all this for nothing. please help guys. i really need it. thanks alot.

Here is the best picture i have of the projector

and here is how far i am in to the retrofit.

and here is the output from about 5 feet away from the wall with a standard halogen bulb.

Re: Questions for your Retrofitters!!!!
Saturday, July 26, 2008 12:33 PM
Wojo wrote:they were used for foglights on a Lexus RX300

thats your problem, fog light projecters have a different cut off and project the light differently than projectors ment for headlights, it looks like u did everything right but used the wrong type of projectors, u can always got to retrofit source and order some other projectors for $50 that could work wnat use thoes as fog lights retro fit.

Kill list:03 eclipse, 06 GTO, 04 Mach 1 Mustang

Saturday, July 26, 2008 2:46 PM
thats not what i wanted to hear. damn. well. i will NEVER use them for a foglight retro. so imma try to sell or trade them. oh well.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 7:45 AM
yeah, the cut off shield, and usually the lens is different, tinted in some way.
Those wont be good for headlights.

Looks like a decent start though.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 11:35 AM
I say give them to me I could always use HID fogs

JGM T-SHIRTS!!!!

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Alexis: Dustin, you're ghey, lol. I am better. I have tits, and tits rule all.
Wednesday, July 30, 2008 1:47 PM
i have a set for $60 shipped. H3 bulbs, super white angeleyes with resistors wired in. the projectors came out of a mazda6

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search