Attn: '00-'02 Sunfire GT owners! I need your help! - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Attn: '00-'02 Sunfire GT owners! I need your help!
Wednesday, July 23, 2008 12:13 PM
I am going to be doing a '00-'02 Sunfire GT front end swap on my '00-'02 Sunfire SE Sedan soon. The only part numbers I am not sure of are the ones for the '00-'02 Sunfire GT front splash shields (the pieces that extend out under the front bumper). I would really appreciate it if a '00-'02 Sunfire GT owner could remove these pieces and let me know what part numbers are listed on them so I can look them up on GMPD. I tried searching for the part numbers on GMPD but only became confused by all the different numbers . I want to make sure I have the proper part numbers so I don't waste money ordering the wrong ones. Thanks in advance.

Re: Attn: '00-'02 Sunfire GT owners! I need your help!
Wednesday, July 23, 2008 12:48 PM
Hey J, can you run to a dealer and check. Just a thought. I know they have very detailed pictures in their system, that way you could KNOW it is right.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 1:02 PM
I could go to the Chevy dealer here in town but they're a bunch of morons so I would rather not.

I figured I would ask on here if someone could check the numbers for me because the splash shields are very easy to remove and re-install so it seemed like the quickest and best option for getting the correct numbers.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 1:09 PM
Well ill do some research and see waht i can come up with....

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 1:27 PM
Okay. That would be great. Just remember that it has to be from a 2000 - 2002 Sunfire GT because the splash shields are different according to the different front bumper covers .

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 2:02 PM
Okay, I went back and double checked part numbers on GMPD and I ended up finding what I need afterall. They are listed as "fender liner extensions", not "splash shields". For future reference for anyone looking for these, "splash shields" are something totally different.

The only thing that sucks is the "fender liner extensions" themselves are cheap, but the shipping for them is absolutely insane. It's going to be $149.84 for the two liner extensions and shipping . Oh well, I have no choice but to order them new since it's impossible to find a '00-'02 Sunfire GT in any of the junkyards around here that doesn't have any front end damage .

Here are the part numbers for anyone who may need them in the future:

2000 - 2002 Sunfire GT left fender liner extension: #22608638

2000 - 2002 Sunfire GT right fender liner extension: #22608639

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 10:38 PM
Dude why order them from there. Go into the dealer and order them from the parts department. No shipping and there cheap. I did the same thing when i went from 00GT to 00SE front end swap.

Why pay that much for two pieces of plastic. You'll thank me later.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search