Any ideas where to find Sunfire GT Rear Bumper? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Any ideas where to find Sunfire GT Rear Bumper?
Monday, July 21, 2008 6:35 PM
Can find tons of front bumpers, on other hand cant find any used or new oem Rear Sunfire GT Bumper of any color with the 1995–2002 design. I am going crazy.... anyone got ideas? Yes i ebay,google, everything.

Re: Any ideas where to find Sunfire GT Rear Bumper?
Monday, July 21, 2008 10:27 PM
Tuesday, July 22, 2008 2:59 PM
you have found front bumbers for the 2001 style GT bumpers? lots of them? Where have you found this?
Tuesday, July 22, 2008 4:39 PM
^^^^^^ would also like to know where to find 00-02 GT front bumper... new, used, painted, primed doesnt matter.

Last car: 1984 Camaro 5.0L
Current car: 2001 Sunfire 2.2L
..passing cars on the highway was once fun, now its a mission..
Tuesday, July 22, 2008 4:56 PM
i'd like a 99 gt front? hahaha lol

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 6:08 PM
Bill k wrote:^^^^^^ would also like to know where to find 00-02 GT front bumper... new, used, painted, primed doesnt matter.

literally took me 30 seconds to look this up...

and to the OP, the style changed between 99 and 2000 to move the reverse lights from the filler panel to the bumper....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, July 22, 2008 6:10 PM

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 7:46 PM
Godspeed wrote:i'd like a 99 gt front? hahaha lol

ditto man, my front bumper is all mangled up and i figured i'd go with the sexier gt bumber.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 9:00 PM
Ben Harel wrote:Can find tons of front bumpers, on other hand cant find any used or new oem Rear Sunfire GT Bumper of any color with the 1995–2002 design. I am going crazy.... anyone got ideas? Yes i ebay,google, everything.

I checked out GM Parts Direct, but could not come up with a part number for the '95 - '99 Sunfire GT rear bumper cover . It looks like your easiest option is to check out Car-Part.com and find one in a junkyard near you.

But, if you can get a hold of the part number, I would highly recommend checking into just getting a brand new one from GMPD. Their prices for bumper covers are not nearly as bad as you would think IMO.

DigitalN. wrote:you have found front bumbers for the 2001 style GT bumpers? lots of them? Where have you found this?
b C k wrote:^^^^^^ would also like to know where to find 00-02 GT front bumper... new, used, painted, primed doesnt matter.
Luis Marroquin wrote:ditto man, my front bumper is all mangled up and i figured i'd go with the sexier gt bumber.

A brand new '00 - '02 Sunfire GT front bumper cover is only $300.24 ($174.38 for the bumper cover + $125.86 for shipping) on GMPD. The part number is: 12335340.

If you ask me, that's actually not bad at all considering it's a brand new OEM bumper cover and it's GM . I'll be ordering one for my Sedan from GMPD soon.

Saturday, August 16, 2008 11:49 AM
IMO you pay way to much money for that @!#$, i pay 63$ for a brand new bumper cover + 20$ shipping. and its a GT 95-99 bumper without the logo on the front.

Saturday, August 16, 2008 1:38 PM
Does anyone check junkyards anymore? I got a Z24 bumper a couple of years back for $50 and I've seen a few GT bumpers in the last few months at my local yards.

Saturday, August 16, 2008 9:17 PM
Junk Yard is where I got my strut tower bar of a convertible.

==============================================================

Yes, noob, the search button is for you...

Sunday, August 17, 2008 1:31 PM
Ben Harel wrote:IMO you pay way to much money for that @!#$, i pay 63$ for a brand new bumper cover + 20$ shipping. and its a GT 95-99 bumper without the logo on the front.

Unfortunately, for whatever reason, the '00-'02 Sunfire GT front bumpers are very hard to find and are never cheap. I ended up getting a brand new one on eBay for $215.00 including shipping which is cheaper than GMPD so I'm happy.

John W(Ranger1316) wrote:Does anyone check junkyards anymore? I got a Z24 bumper a couple of years back for $50 and I've seen a few GT bumpers in the last few months at my local yards.

Yes, but the two yards I go to typically only have '95-'99 Js. I have seen maybe two '00-'02 Sunfire GTs in the past couple years and they both had front end damage.

The_TwStD_1 wrote:Junk Yard is where I got my strut tower bar of a convertible.

Sunday, August 17, 2008 1:43 PM
Sorry, get a little random sometimes...

==============================================================

Yes, noob, the search button is for you...

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 3:35 PM
I just came from the pull-a-part in Louisville KY this past weekend. There is a white GT down there (95-99) with all the bumper covers and side skirts. There is also a black one but, I don't recall what all it had.

If it can't drag, it ain't low enough!
Saturday, September 06, 2008 2:42 PM
maybe i'm mistaken here... but isn't the two door SE rear bumper the same as the two door GT rear bumper for 00-02? the only difference in the rear end for a GT over a SE two door is the duel exhaust no?
Saturday, September 06, 2008 3:03 PM
Yes, the 2000 - 2002 Sunfire SE and GT rear bumpers are the same, but the original poster was referring to a 1995 - 1999 Sunfire GT rear bumper which is different from a 1995 - 1999 Sunfire SE rear bumper .

Tuesday, July 14, 2009 5:39 AM
J TO ENVY wrote:Yes, the 2000 - 2002 Sunfire SE and GT rear bumpers are the same, but the original poster was referring to a 1995 - 1999 Sunfire GT rear bumper which is different from a 1995 - 1999 Sunfire SE rear bumper .

Boy I love the search tool, This is the exact question I needed answering!. I love these forums you get so much good information on here.. Thanks Guys from a New 2000 Sunfire GT Convertible owner!

Looking for a Job In Northeast Tennessee....
Tuesday, July 14, 2009 5:30 PM
Glad I could help you out ! And congratulations on your "new" car!

Tuesday, July 14, 2009 6:06 PM
Skyman 08 wrote:
J TO ENVY wrote:Yes, the 2000 - 2002 Sunfire SE and GT rear bumpers are the same, but the original poster was referring to a 1995 - 1999 Sunfire GT rear bumper which is different from a 1995 - 1999 Sunfire SE rear bumper .

Boy I love the search tool, This is the exact question I needed answering!. I love these forums you get so much good information on here.. Thanks Guys from a New 2000 Sunfire GT Convertible owner!

vert owners popping out all over the place !!!

Tuesday, July 14, 2009 7:26 PM
J TO ENVY wrote:Glad I could help you out ! And congratulations on your "new" car!

Well, I was refering to us as being the new owners since we have never owned a Sunfire Convertible before. but both my wife and I have owned Sunfires in the past, before we were married. she had a 97 Sedan and I had a 99 coupe that I bought new.

Thanks for the info

this is off topic, but does anyone know how to adjust the drivers side rear quarter window? mine comes up too far in at the top, it does not seat in the top seal correctly and does not seal against the driver's side window.

Looking for a Job In Northeast Tennessee....
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search