ANGEL EYES INTEREST - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ANGEL EYES INTEREST
Wednesday, July 02, 2008 10:53 AM
I MADE A SET OF MY OWN ANGEL EYES, AND I WAS WONDERING IF THERE WOULD BE AN INTEREST FOR THESE ON THE ORG. THE ONES I MADE WILL FIT A 00 HEADLIGHT PERFECTLY. I CAN ALSO MAKE DIFFERENT DIAMETERS BY REQUEST. ONCE I GET SOME PICS I WILL POST THEM IN THE HEADLIGHT AND INSTALLED. I CAN MAKE THEM IN BLUE, WHITE AND RED. THEY ARE MADE OUT OF 3/8 ACRYLIC ROD, REFLECTIVE TAPE, TWO LEDS AND HEAT SHRINK.

Re: ANGEL EYES INTEREST
Wednesday, July 02, 2008 11:15 AM
clean job men! I want to see them on the car now.
Wednesday, July 02, 2008 11:21 AM
LOL I RUSHED BAKING MY DRIVER SIDE LIGHT LAST NIGHT AND CRACKED IT, SO I WILL TRY TONIGHT ON MY PASSENGER ONE, BUT I WILL GO SLOWER AND TAKE MY TIME.
Wednesday, July 02, 2008 11:28 AM
Phil, going to cruise night tonight?

Wednesday, July 02, 2008 11:59 AM
WHO IS THAT? I MIGHT NOT SURE, BUT NOT WITH MY BOOSTED CAVI, JUST TOOK THE MOTOR TO NORTHEAST YESTERDAY, IM GETTING IT SURFACED, HONED, DEGREASED, STRIPPED AND NEW PLUGS AND CAM BEARINGS INSTALLED
Wednesday, July 02, 2008 12:01 PM
O I JUST CHECKED YOUR PRO, BAGGS ..... YOU KNOW A KID NAMED SCOTT, WITH BLUE LD9?
Wednesday, July 02, 2008 12:10 PM
ya, I know Scott. havent seen him since last year.

i drive by his house all the time and it doesnt look like the Z has moved in months

Wednesday, July 02, 2008 12:18 PM
LOL I WENT TO SCHOOL WITH HIM, HE KNEW NOTHING ABOUT HIS CAR! HE PROBABLY TRIED DOING SOMETHING TO IT AND MESSED IT UP AND HAS NO IDEA HOW TO FIX IT! IM HOPING TO HAVE MINE DONE AND BACK ON THE ROAD BY THE END OF JULY. IM REDOING EVERYTHING ON THE MOTOR, I BLEW A FAULTY MLS HEAD GASKET LIKE 2 WEEKS AGO AND COMETIC WONT REPLACE IT, I HAD IT ON MY CAR FOR ABOUT 4 MONTHS!
Wednesday, July 02, 2008 12:26 PM
I doubt it was the gasket.....usually the cometics fail due to bad surface prep.

They have to be held to strict machining surface specs.

RN52 or finer surface texture.

people who just smack them on and go have the problems.

on topic, looks like the top of the ring has very little light, any way to correct that?

Wednesday, July 02, 2008 12:54 PM
JOHN, IT LOOKS AWESOME AT NIGHT, NOT THAT DRAMATIC OF A DIFFERENCE, I WILL HAVE TO SNAP SOME PICS
Wednesday, July 02, 2008 2:43 PM
Sorry. LED Angel eyes aren't the greatest IMO... I ran a set and they were utterly disappointing.

I'd upgrade to a set of CCFL Angels... 10000x better light output, clarity, quality, and durability.

Not bad for home made tho man. Not bad at all.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...

Wednesday, July 02, 2008 4:51 PM
let me see them on your car at night i may want to try something with a set of the red ones

Thursday, July 03, 2008 7:08 PM
I dont know about ccfl being more durable. They are circular neons basically. Very fagile! Mine can be heated up and molded to any shape or I can make them in any size!
Thursday, July 03, 2008 10:06 PM
anyone have pics of these in there car? 2000+? i would love to see how they look! i wanna do something like that around my headlights. but add one around the turn signal too!

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 3:40 PM
I would definitely be interested in the 2000+ ones
Wednesday, July 09, 2008 3:00 PM
Phil Lindsay wrote:I dont know about ccfl being more durable. They are circular neons basically. Very fagile! Mine can be heated up and molded to any shape or I can make them in any size!

My CCFL's are encased in lexan with a mirror backing... extremely durable.

They have lasted 5 months now easily. My LED's lasted about 8 minutes. Maybe it's just IZNTRBL but for the 8 mins they ran they weren't that spectacular and then they just stopped working one LED at a time.

My CCFL's can light up my driveway.

*shrug*

Good luck.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Thursday, July 10, 2008 11:20 AM
I am interested to see these in a 00-02 headlight housing.....pics!!

I agree about the ccfl though.

Friday, July 25, 2008 10:43 AM
whut does CCFL stand for? and anyone get pics on an 00-02 yet?

Friday, July 25, 2008 10:45 AM
Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamp

Friday, July 25, 2008 11:07 AM
ccfl's are better, i switched to the same kind sweetness has

Kill list:03 eclipse, 06 GTO, 04 Mach 1 Mustang

Friday, July 25, 2008 5:46 PM
pics plz ! (in a headlamp)

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"

Friday, July 25, 2008 10:52 PM
I'm lookin at the ccfl's....any good suggestions for websites that carry them? i'll google it as well but its rare to have anything pop up specifically for the cavalier...

Saturday, July 26, 2008 12:14 PM
http://www.retro-solutions.com/

Kill list:03 eclipse, 06 GTO, 04 Mach 1 Mustang

Saturday, July 26, 2008 12:23 PM
Some angel eyes for sunfires would be sweet. I really would like to look into making some what info do you guys have?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, July 26, 2008 12:24 PM

The proper way of using the word seen. It is not I seen it that would be I saw it. He has seen the car is the right way to use the word. English class is Cool. By the way thats my sig
Tuesday, July 29, 2008 11:32 AM
Any pics of 'em in the housing yet ?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search