White/Clear 3rd brake light for 99 Sunfire? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
White/Clear 3rd brake light for 99 Sunfire?
Wednesday, May 28, 2008 1:22 PM
Does anyone make a white/clear 3rd brake light for a 99 Sunfire GT convertible (the 3rd brake light is wedged between the trunk lid and the factory spoiler).

What I'm looking for is similar to ^this^ Porsche Boxter 3rd brake light. (white/clear plastic rather than red)

I found plenty of threads about clear marker/front/tail lights but nothing about the 3rd brake light.

Thanks in advance,
-Ryan

Re: White/Clear 3rd brake light for 99 Sunfire?
Wednesday, May 28, 2008 3:56 PM
Izn Trbl makes clear lenses. I have one, yet to install it though. There is usually a wait when trying to get anything from him. People have differing opinions about him though.
Thursday, May 29, 2008 4:35 AM
Thanks!
Thursday, May 29, 2008 5:53 AM
Read the thread about Izn Trbl before you order, then decide if you want to chance ordering from him.

Thursday, May 29, 2008 8:12 AM
To be honest, I am not really looking to buy one, I just wanted to see what was out there. My wife drives a (bone stock) 99 Sunfire GT convertible and I was considering using it as a mold to make some custom lights. I wanted to see what was comercially available to see if it was worth the trouble of fabricating one-off parts.

I think I'm going to put the brake light on the back burner for a bit and focus on some one-of-a-kind side-marker lights instead. I got the impression that LED's cause an irregular flash pattern in the turn signals but I think that problem shouldn't be too hard (or expensive) to fix. Rather than threadjack my own thread, I'll post a new one if/when the new lights are ready for public display.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search