Looking for urythane drift kit, Tobasco's drift kit - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Looking for urythane drift kit, Tobasco's drift kit
Friday, February 08, 2008 1:50 PM
Ok i'll becoming across some extra monies within the next couple months. Anyone remember Tobasco, the guy who was the first to test the gmsc. I remember his kit bein urythane and everywhere i've looked for that kit i have found it. Bad thing is they're all made of fiberglass, and Colorado is not exactley friendly to fiberglass. My last kit has been trashed do to an incident involving a cat. F++ker got what it deserved! Anyway the drift kit was my 2nd choice next to my bomex kit, now i just need to find it... in urythane. Any able to help me with this little problem? Maybe Tobasco if your still around?

Remeber you don't just cuddle with Max Power, you strap yourself in and prepare for the g's!

Re: Looking for urythane drift kit, Tobasco's drift kit
Friday, February 08, 2008 1:55 PM
tabasco is still around aka ben aka tabs. he doesnt own tabasco racing anymore. ecc use to make the drift kit in urethane however they stop making them well over 2 years ago. some people still have some parts but your going to have a hard time finding it and if you do, expect to pay about 300 per bumper and probably 200-250 for the side skirts

Friday, February 08, 2008 2:13 PM
tobasco? last i heard he married some guy and moved to mexico

---

Saturday, February 09, 2008 8:45 AM
Haha, at least he's still around. It's been a while since i've been on here. Hence the fact i'm asking about a kit thats hard to find. But 300ish per bumper and 250ish for side skirts isn't that bad. I paid $1300 for my authentic Bomex kit. Now there's so many knock offs it's rediculous! Guess i'll have to keep lookin'. Anyone got any opinions about the fiberglass thats sposed to be hella flexible?

Remeber you don't just cuddle with Max Power, you strap yourself in and prepare for g's.
Saturday, February 09, 2008 9:06 AM
I think Import Trenz was making or trying to get enough interest to make them in Urenthane. Don't know if they ever did and what the quality was like though.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Saturday, February 09, 2008 1:56 PM
matt teske was the first with the GMSC wasnt he? he was also the first with the original drift kit for the cavs from street weapon kit, but it was a glass kit.

its been so long i may have sold the urethane drift kit....but like everyone has said, im pretty sure they stopped selling it a little after i got rid of the biz. so youll probably have to find a used kit. but not too many people had it in urethane (hence why they stopped making it) so good luck finding one.

are you dead set on the drift kit? if not, there are a few other styles out there in urethane.

Chesterton (Chuck) wrote:tobasco? last i heard he married some guy and moved to mexico

it was paul and we only went to cancun for spring break.

coming back in 2008...
Saturday, February 09, 2008 7:13 PM
Yeah i've looked at other kits and they just don't apeal to me all that much. I loved my bomex kit, but wasn't all that crazy about the back end. I hated the fact you had to attach it to the stock bumper, it was uneeded weight, and it was like dragin a chute behind me. I got better gas milage after i took it off. Haha. I have to wait till i can get to a computer to check out more sites. I've been responding to all my posts through my phone. Gotta love technology right.I don't have much use for the internet other than the good old .org and myspace. Haha.

Remember you don't just cuddle with Max Power, you strap yourself in and prepare for the g's.
Monday, February 11, 2008 5:22 PM
Well through all my hunting i have come across a part number for the drift kit in urethayne from Gravana Tuning. The name rings a bell. Anyone delt with them before? Bad thing kinda is they sell the kit, but only in fiberglass, and the price is cheap. From what i've learned in the past. You get what you paid for. Anyone got any opinions?

Remember you don't just cuddle with Max Power, you strap yourself in and prepare for the G's
Monday, February 11, 2008 5:52 PM
gravana is a good company to deal with from what ive heard. never done biz with them myself. but if you are wanting urethane, why settle for glass? since its been awhile since you were around maybe you should look to see what other urethane kits are out there for your car before you purchase anything? just an idea...

coming back in 2008...
Monday, February 11, 2008 5:54 PM
If all else fails....try eBay. I've seen a few Flex-Fiber kits on there that's seeling for under $600
Tuesday, February 12, 2008 5:11 PM
Not gonna settle, i know what i want and i'm gonna get it. Haha. I found a part number for the urethayne kit, so i'll try hittin' them up tomarrow and hope for the best. As far as ebay kits arn't those all knock offs? or at least the majority of them? How are those flex fiber kits? Havn't heard much about them as far as durability or if they chip and crack as easy as standard glass kits. I forgot how much fun research can be. Haha.

Remember you don't just cuddle with Max Power, you strap yourself in and prepare for the g's

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 5:29 PM
Flex fiber is the same thing as V-fiber kits that were selling by ECC Motorsports? I think it was ECC but anyway...it's stronger and more durable than regular fiberglass kits. I haven't bought one of the kits yet but for the price you can beat it With that said, normally eBay "GLASS" kits are junk and have all types of fitment issues but dont think you can go wrong with the Flex-Fiber/Duraflex kits...correct me if i'm wrong someone
Thursday, February 14, 2008 2:26 PM
What is V fiber? Never heard of it?

Remember you don't just cuddle with Max Power, you strap yourself in and prepare for the g's.
Thursday, February 14, 2008 2:52 PM
Max Power wrote:Not gonna settle, i know what i want and i'm gonna get it. Haha. I found a part number for the urethayne kit, so i'll try hittin' them up tomarrow and hope for the best. As far as ebay kits arn't those all knock offs? or at least the majority of them? How are those flex fiber kits? Havn't heard much about them as far as durability or if they chip and crack as easy as standard glass kits. I forgot how much fun research can be. Haha.

Remember you don't just cuddle with Max Power, you strap yourself in and prepare for the g's

Gravana doesn't sell the urethane kits, they CAN sell the kits, but they need a certain number of pre-paid orders before ECC will start manufacturing the kit again. They list it on their site so people would sign up, but ECC wants a pre-order of like 50 kits. Gravana was willing to front the cash for 25 kits and was hoping to sign up 25 more people to buy it, but I don't believe it ever went through.

I have one of the original urethane kits made by ECC/Pure before Pure went out of business and "lost" the molds. I'd sell it, but not for less than $3k

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search