question about sunifre rear ends - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
question about sunifre rear ends
Wednesday, February 06, 2008 2:58 PM
is it possible to put the trunk rear bumper and lights from an 03-05 sunfire on a 96, i know you can with cavaliers but the taillights look pretty diffiernt on sunfires so i wanted to make sure

Re: question about sunifre rear ends
Wednesday, February 06, 2008 3:17 PM
sunfire rears will swap fine with other years of sunfire (coupes and sedans dont mix though). lights, trunk, filler on trunk, and rear bumper is what you need to swap, i believe.

coming back in 2008...
Wednesday, February 06, 2008 5:29 PM
you don't need a trunk. yours will work. all you need is the rear bumper, tail lights, and the trunk filler panel from an 03+. has to be coupe to coupe also. the sunfire sedans are basically cavalier rear ends.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Wednesday, February 06, 2008 7:38 PM
BoltZ DesignZ wrote:you don't need a trunk. yours will work. all you need is the rear bumper, tail lights, and the trunk filler panel from an 03+. has to be coupe to coupe also. the sunfire sedans are basically cavalier rear ends.

Exactly what he said. I have the 03-05 rear on my 99.

Wednesday, February 06, 2008 10:34 PM
Shadowfire wrote:
BoltZ DesignZ wrote:you don't need a trunk. yours will work. all you need is the rear bumper, tail lights, and the trunk filler panel from an 03+. has to be coupe to coupe also. the sunfire sedans are basically cavalier rear ends.

Exactly what he said.

x2

Thursday, February 07, 2008 8:00 AM
My ultimate goal is to run a Cavalier front end and an '03-'05 rear end with the TYC tails on my 2000. People would be clueless... Lol

Thursday, February 07, 2008 8:33 AM
i think im reading his question wrong but it look like he means a 03-05 sunfire to a 96 cavi. only reason i think that is because in his sig he has a cavi

Thursday, February 07, 2008 1:33 PM
A Sunfire COUPE rear end WILL NOT bolt up to a Cavalier.

Thursday, February 07, 2008 1:42 PM
A little bondo will make it work. J/K

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search