Which muffler? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Which muffler?
Monday, June 18, 2007 5:24 PM
i am planning on putting on a new muffler on my stock '98, but i don't know what to get. i don't want to spend a crap load of money but i don't want a @!#$ty sound either. any tips??

Re: Which muffler?
Monday, June 18, 2007 5:35 PM
Try looking under "PERFORMANCE"
Monday, June 18, 2007 6:24 PM
dynomax super turbo

Monday, June 18, 2007 7:50 PM
find the BIGGEST Honda style fart can , u can find and put that on . save ur money and buy a Borla cat-back , i love the sound of it on my '03

ShowOff Customz
03 Cavalier
73 Beetle
68 Fairlane 500

Monday, June 18, 2007 7:50 PM
magnaflow sounds good

Monday, June 18, 2007 7:53 PM
thanks for the input! i do have a thrush turbo laying around....how do you think that would sound?
Monday, June 18, 2007 7:59 PM
^^ i had a thrush on my 95, stock exhaust except for that... it didnt sound bad... quieter than a lot of other mufflers but kind of raspy. also has quite a bit of interior resonance. not bad for the $20 i paid for it. i threw another one on my 99 with fulll exhaust and it sounds a lot better than on stock piping.

Check out my build thread!

Monday, June 18, 2007 8:01 PM
what size pipe were you runnin?
Monday, June 18, 2007 8:16 PM
I put a thrush on in place of my cat wit 2'' all the way from the header back, to a APC can, surprisely it sounds deep and good, but when it revves up really high it buzzs like a fart cannon but overall the thrush sounds good,

Monday, June 18, 2007 9:25 PM
get a borla...
Tuesday, June 19, 2007 4:55 AM
Accepted Failure (EliteCavy) wrote:^^ i had a thrush on my 95, stock exhaust except for that... it didnt sound bad... quieter than a lot of other mufflers but kind of raspy. also has quite a bit of interior resonance. not bad for the $20 i paid for it. i threw another one on my 99 with fulll exhaust and it sounds a lot better than on stock piping.

thats how my Probe was when i did the exhaust, replaced the resantor with the glasspack and stuck on a Probe GT muffler , sounded really nice

ShowOff Customz
03 Cavalier
73 Beetle
68 Fairlane 500

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 9:27 AM
Listen here.
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=377825&t=339698&p=1

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search