probably not a good idea - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
probably not a good idea
Wednesday, March 15, 2006 8:18 PM
has anybody ever thought of, if its even possible to make the turn signals lamps be the DRLs (e.g., firebirds, corvettes) instead of the headlights, probably impossible but thought id ask.

Re: probably not a good idea
Wednesday, March 15, 2006 8:23 PM
if your asking what i think, then the answer is to disable your drl's

Thursday, March 16, 2006 9:09 AM
I don't know for sure, but it just sounds like it would be a nightmare to make it work correctly.

I agree with Eazy, just disable 'em.

Friday, March 17, 2006 9:21 AM
^^^^^Agreed, thats what I did on mine, that way you can run with no lamps, just the ambers (fogs/turns), or full lamps. Read the sticky on how to Disable. Without any info in your profile we don't know what your working with. But on my 03' it was a 5 minute job.

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where
they're going and hook up with them later." RIP Mitch Hedberg
Saturday, March 18, 2006 1:18 PM
there is a way but you have to know how to wire relays and other stuff. i can diagram it if u feel u are up to the challenge

Saturday, March 18, 2006 1:32 PM
i just disabled my drl's using the sticky a couple days ago...its oh so simple, and the easiest way to get what you're lookin for! ^^^^^that would be the real way to do it, but its definately more of a headache than i think you want

2002 Cavalier 2200----- Buffalo, NY
Saturday, March 18, 2006 5:23 PM
May I ask why you would disconnect you DRL's?
Saturday, March 18, 2006 5:41 PM
Some people, just for the hell of it... others, because they converted to HID and it's necessary to disable the DRL's.

Sunday, March 19, 2006 12:20 AM
disable your drls so that you dont annoy other people at the drive in movies.

Its also nice to be able to flash people by turning your headlights on and off to let them know something...flashing your high beams makes them think you are mad at them. This is useful to signal truckers to let them pull in front of you, or to signal on coming drivers of an obstruction in the road or a radaring cop. Theoretically you should save money by not running drls because your bulbs last longer and you dont have to run your alternator as hard to keep the battery charged.

To answer the question, I disabled my drls and then I sometimes drive with just my parking lights on...similar results to the amber drls that corvettes and camaros have.

02 LS Sport http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2135396
68 Firebird http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2135556
56 GMC http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2135587
66 Suburban http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2135589
Sunday, March 19, 2006 2:50 AM
Dennis wrote:disable your drls so that you dont annoy other people at the drive in movies.

the DRL's should only be on when the car is in gear. so unless you watch drive in movies with the car in gear, that shouldn't be a problem.

Sunday, March 19, 2006 6:26 AM
Dennis wrote:Its also nice to be able to flash people by turning your headlights on and off to let them know something...flashing your high beams makes them think you are mad at them. This is useful to signal truckers to let them pull in front of you, or to signal on coming drivers of an obstruction in the road or a radaring cop.

You can still turn your headlights on and off with the drls on.

Sunday, March 19, 2006 9:22 AM
cannon fodder wrote:
Dennis wrote:disable your drls so that you dont annoy other people at the drive in movies.

the DRL's should only be on when the car is in gear. so unless you watch drive in movies with the car in gear, that shouldn't be a problem.

Not true I own a 2006 Chevy Trail Blazer and right as soon as you turn the truck on the lights turn on

__________________--------------------------____________________
Team: NONE RIGHT NOW
Sponsored By: Pro Trucks
Work Being Done By: creative customs
Stuff for Sell:

Sunday, March 19, 2006 9:35 AM
my 01 was off of the ebrake. they were on till the ebrake was pulled. and thank god for H.I.D.s.....

Sunday, March 19, 2006 10:36 AM
cannon fodder wrote:

i think he ment when you pull into the the drive in

Sunday, March 19, 2006 12:19 PM
Sunday, March 19, 2006 7:19 PM
Either way, you're gonna have to disable your DRL's to accomplish this.

But what about wiring them to a constant of some sort (IGN or whatever) so they're on when the car is on?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search