Ragtops by StreetBeatCustoms.com - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ragtops by StreetBeatCustoms.com
Tuesday, February 21, 2006 7:26 AM
I was just wondering, for those that have them, what size did you order?

._____________________________.
Causa latet vis est notissima

DIY Clear 03+ Headlights

Re: Ragtops by StreetBeatCustoms.com
Tuesday, February 21, 2006 10:10 AM
35x35
Tuesday, February 21, 2006 10:17 AM
Order the Inalfa one from Street Beat... automatic slide and less leakage.

My Car Domain
Tuesday, February 21, 2006 11:09 AM
ive been debating doing a ragtop, but what all is involved in the install? cutting the roof, but dose4nt that weaken the support structure? would you need to re-support the roof, etc. thanks

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 11:16 AM
i was curious about this too, maybe i'll pm phewes and try to get some info on this

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 12:18 PM
Inatalling a ragtop is actually notdifficult per se...just detail oriented. IT WILL LEAK...period, some leak less then others, but at a power spray car wash ALL will leak to some extent or another.

By the way...to qualify my comments, I worked at Street Beat Customs for over a year, and am good friends with the guys who make the ragtops, and the installers we used.

I reccommend the Inalfa top because honestly, sliding back a ragtop isn't easy. It will get crooked in the track if even pressure isn't applied to both sides (usually involving the car ceing parked and two people to accomplish smoothly). The electric slider is the one I even considered, because it can be opened/closed at the push of a button. Plus its manufactured to tighter quality control standards, whereas the Street Beat Rags are so good because they will make one to fit ANYTHING just about, in any size.

This one Click Here will fit any 4 door Cavalier or Sunfire (I already measured for it on my 4-door). I also reccommend the Sunway tops, but the supply and sizes are limited. The 35" x 28" will fit the 2 door Cavs and Sunfires. They come in green or black and vinyl or canvas (I reccommend the canvas as it can be dyed several colors).

Most of all I reccommend having a Professional Sunroof Specialty shop install your ragtop. This not only keeps your warranty active, but it makes the installation a little safer, since yes, you are cutting up some structural parts on your car. If you're in or near Phoenix Arizona, Street Beat will even install your ragtop for you for a nominal charge.

Most of all I say...Don't Cut Up Your Unibody Car!! If it didn't come with a sunroof, consider yourself SOL and be happy with that. No installer is perfect, and no installation is as good as factory.

My Car Domain
Tuesday, February 21, 2006 2:05 PM
Thanks for the recomendation, I'll be getting the Inalfa 33.25”x41.5” Electric Ragtop

If I think it is needed, I will have some tube steel welded to the remaining roof.

._____________________________.
Causa latet vis est notissima

DIY Clear 03+ Headlights

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 2:22 PM
pics?

smooth and simple

CHECK OUT MY DOMAIN!!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2236703
Tuesday, February 21, 2006 2:53 PM
Just weld in the support BEFORE cutting on the roof Seen that happen a few times where they cut the hole, weld in supports, then wonder why its not square when they drop in the ragtop....lol

My Car Domain
Wednesday, February 22, 2006 12:26 AM
White Raven (Ryan L.) wrote:Inatalling a ragtop is actually notdifficult per se...just detail oriented. IT WILL LEAK...period, some leak less then others, but at a power spray car wash ALL will leak to some extent or another.

By the way...to qualify my comments, I worked at Street Beat Customs for over a year, and am good friends with the guys who make the ragtops, and the installers we used.

I reccommend the Inalfa top because honestly, sliding back a ragtop isn't easy. It will get crooked in the track if even pressure isn't applied to both sides (usually involving the car ceing parked and two people to accomplish smoothly). The electric slider is the one I even considered, because it can be opened/closed at the push of a button. Plus its manufactured to tighter quality control standards, whereas the Street Beat Rags are so good because they will make one to fit ANYTHING just about, in any size.

This one Click Here will fit any 4 door Cavalier or Sunfire (I already measured for it on my 4-door). I also reccommend the Sunway tops, but the supply and sizes are limited. The 35" x 28" will fit the 2 door Cavs and Sunfires. They come in green or black and vinyl or canvas (I reccommend the canvas as it can be dyed several colors).

Most of all I reccommend having a Professional Sunroof Specialty shop install your ragtop. This not only keeps your warranty active, but it makes the installation a little safer, since yes, you are cutting up some structural parts on your car. If you're in or near Phoenix Arizona, Street Beat will even install your ragtop for you for a nominal charge.

Most of all I say...Don't Cut Up Your Unibody Car!! If it didn't come with a sunroof, consider yourself SOL and be happy with that. No installer is perfect, and no installation is as good as factory.

He said it the most!

And I got a 35x35" frame size with canvas ragtop on my old cav and loved it! Its HUGE!

Yes it will leak with high powered pressure washer if u spray it sideways. Its no big deal since I got leather seats. I can just wipe out the water which went through.

But no leaks at all while driving in rain!

As for installation, its takes up a lot of time, not really hard but its just time consuming. Also you will need to grow your balls bigger to cut a big hole on your roof like that.

Since I still have it sitting here waiting to go on. I may consider putting it on my new cav again over the stock power sunroof!

I could say I would do it again... I miss it!

Here is some pics for you guys!

Thats how water goes through if you spray with a high pressure washer on sideways.

I hope I answered most of your questions!

- Darren

ontariocavs.com -||- phewes.snowpants.org -||- zukiworld.com
Wednesday, February 22, 2006 9:21 AM

that is just the hawtest !!!!!!!!

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 9:33 AM
wait did you get rid of your car?

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 9:49 AM
ya, wtf r u talkin bout phewes???

if you sold your car, im gonna personally come slap some sense into you, lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search