Not sure how to ask this... - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Not sure how to ask this...
Sunday, February 19, 2006 1:06 PM
Okay I have a bunch of questions about changing the front end on my '02 Cav.

I was checking out ebay and am thinking about a body kit, fenders, and headlights. I am afraid to order something and get a kit or fender that will fit the '95-'99. I don't want to modify anything. I see pics on here of '00-'02 with kits.

Sorry for the lack of knowledge here,
I also like the black projector headlights for '95-'99. Would everything bolt right on my '02 if I were to get the headlights, body kit, and fenders for a '95-'99?

Please give me some advise on what the best thing to do and what fits. Thanks.

Re: Not sure how to ask this...
Sunday, February 19, 2006 1:17 PM
The fenders are teh same for the yearspans.. The only difference is the 95-99 have a tab for mounting the corner light.

Quote:

Would everything bolt right on my '02 if I were to get the headlights, body kit, and fenders for a '95-'99?

Yes they will.

Sunday, February 19, 2006 1:30 PM
wrong forum

as for the kit if you get a 95-99 kit, in order to make it fit on your 02 you would have to shave the bumper down under your headlights to make it fit. thats about it. all fenders are the same from 95-05

Sunday, February 19, 2006 5:51 PM
Aren't the wiring harnesses for the 95-99 headlights different than that of the 00-02. 95-99 has two bulbs in the headlight, and 00-02 have a dual filament bulb. Not sure, but I think some hacking of the harness would be in order.

Gotta keep on livin', L-I-V-I-N
Sunday, February 19, 2006 5:59 PM
yes but thats not needed since he isnt going to be changing headlights. if he was trying to put an 00-02 bumper on his 95-99 then yes because you would either have to fill in under the headlights or swap out the headlights but since he has an 02 and getting a 95-99 bumper all he would have to do is shave the front bumper down

Sunday, February 19, 2006 6:37 PM
Thanks for the help so far.

So I can get the fenders for sure. As for the body kit I like the FDR2 and Blitz kits. I see people here with them on '00-'02 cavs. Were they modified, or direct fit?
Sunday, February 19, 2006 6:51 PM
1. dont buy kits from ebay. their probably cheap fiberglass kits that are thin in area and you'll probably have to spend more money just to get it to fit right.

2. they make the blitz kit for 00-02 cavs. talk to jason at aplusperformace, im sure he can get you a good deal

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search