The 'Ding King' actually works. - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
The 'Ding King' actually works.
Saturday, November 26, 2005 12:19 AM
Thats right.. I bought one a while back and have been told that it wouldn't work. But I had a day off and decided to give it a try. It took all the dings out of my car, some it still left a bit of a ripple.. but you wouldn't be able to notice it unless you actually knew it was there. It even took out a small dime-to-nickel size ding on my right quaterpanel. I'd recommend this for anyone wanting to take out some dings on their car. Also.. if the ding has a crease.. it won't take it out all the way.. but it makes it look a whole lot better.

Whoever said that nothing is impossible has never tried to slam a revolving door.

Re: The 'Ding King' actually works.
Saturday, November 26, 2005 7:32 AM
how much did that cost you?
Saturday, November 26, 2005 7:51 AM
i've heard that if you have a ding that took the paint off, it'll jack up your paint more when you pop it out...any experience with that situation?

GO PATS!!!
Saturday, November 26, 2005 9:13 AM
I found it online for $10 plus shipping.. And I had it rush shipped for $20. As for a ding that took the paint off.. I had one small one on my rear quaterpanel.. it went through the clear coat, but the Ding King didn't take more paint off of it from what I can tell.

Whoever said that nothing is impossible has never tried to slam a revolving door.
Saturday, November 26, 2005 10:50 AM
The ding king saved my friend like $500. He messed up the passenger side front fender pretty good when he got sideswiped minorly by a jeep. It left black paint scuffs and dented the hell out of the fender. All the body shops claimed around $500 to fix it. He went out, got goo gone and it completely got off the paint scuffs, and the dingking completely removed the dents. If you go up right next to it and compare the sides, you can see the minor difference, but other then that, it looks just like new.

-_- I'm only using this s/n cause I ran out of posts for the month -_-
Sunday, November 27, 2005 6:01 AM
Thats great to know, will have to pick one up and give it a try sometime, i have a few dents,lol.

98 j-body sedan

Sunday, November 27, 2005 7:30 AM
i have more than a few dings. product of living in an apartment complex. i'll have to find out how much one costs without ebay

GO PATS!!!
Sunday, November 27, 2005 9:45 AM
Will have to pick one up for my roof ding Glad to hear it actually works. A local news station did a report on it a while back, but I missed it and could not find the report anywhere...

Sunday, November 27, 2005 10:40 AM
anyone know where to find one?
pepboys/autozone/kragen don't carry it

GO PATS!!!
Sunday, November 27, 2005 10:44 AM
found it at an online "As seen on TV" store. around 40 bucks including S+H. click the link and then search for ding king.

The Ding King

anyone know where to get it at a store I can actually go in to? i'm not too fond of trying to return products to an online store.

GO PATS!!!
Sunday, November 27, 2005 11:08 AM
Sparks (Puddin') wrote:found it at an online "As seen on TV" store. around 40 bucks including S+H. click the link and then search for ding king.

The Ding King

anyone know where to get it at a store I can actually go in to? i'm not too fond of trying to return products to an online store.

You don't have an "As seen on TV" store near you? I know the mall near me has one. check the website and see if they have any stores near by.

Sunday, November 27, 2005 12:26 PM
yea i think there might be one in my mall. i'll have to go check it out sometime this week.

GO PATS!!!
Sunday, November 27, 2005 1:56 PM
its a kiosk in the mall near me...but yeah, circle dents that thing takes them out perfect. seen them on a buddy's eclipse when his mom's SUV backed into his trunklid, badabing badaboom, fixed.

this useless post brought to you by the alcoholic known as LUNDiS

Sunday, November 27, 2005 2:28 PM
Mixed feelings, its good for some dents, it put waves in my rear fenders when i tried to pull the dents out, works best of flat surfaces, on more curved surfaces it could cause more problems than it helps.

15.71 @ 87.9mph 9-17-05
Sunday, November 27, 2005 2:32 PM
cool, i bought one for a friend for xmas, i got it for $20 at pepboys.

| '89 Z24 Auto | '99 Prelude 5spd | '04 GS500F | '05 HD 883L |

Sunday, November 27, 2005 3:47 PM
in pretty fond of mine it works pretty good you cant tell the dent was there unless you are looking for it. but it pulls paint off if the cars been touched up or if its a repaint
got mine for $30 cdn at wal mart

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/my2005cav/my%20car%20the%20bash.jpg
Sunday, November 27, 2005 5:27 PM
Exodus260 wrote:The ding king saved my friend like $500. He messed up the passenger side front fender pretty good when he got sideswiped minorly by a jeep. It left black paint scuffs and dented the hell out of the fender. All the body shops claimed around $500 to fix it. He went out, got goo gone and it completely got off the paint scuffs, and the dingking completely removed the dents. If you go up right next to it and compare the sides, you can see the minor difference, but other then that, it looks just like new.

new fender at most 100.00 paint at most 100.00 500 is crazy

Sunday, November 27, 2005 5:37 PM
brandon no one order from that mother @!#$ he never ships stuff. i ordered a amp from him like 4 months ago and he has never sent it. so just watch out if he is selling anything.

oh yah the dent king is great, just watch that you dont pull the dent out to far, and run into more problems
Sunday, November 27, 2005 6:29 PM
I would hardly call that working. If it still leaves a mark. If you are happy with that then go a head and get this. I just hate it when people come to the shop to get a car fixed and say OMG 300 dollars to take that dent out. Then they go and get a ding king and find out it does not work. LOL

Sunday, November 27, 2005 7:14 PM
i used the ding king on my car, and it pulled some dents out of the roof I made by pounding my fist on it when I busted 2 rims on a pot hole

it also pulled a ding out of my trunk lid, and some dings out of the side. most of them came out looking flawless, some left little ripples you can only see up close and when the sun reflects off of it a certain way.

you gotta use common sense though, of course this thing isn't going to remove creases or huge dents or fix your paint and cook you breakfast.. it's a $15 tool, you get what you pay for

----------
Cavillac
Sunday, November 27, 2005 7:46 PM
I shouldve bought the ding king, i went out and bought some bull%$^# called "popsadent". It wouldnt work for nothing.

Monday, November 28, 2005 9:52 PM
ah whenever i want a ding taken outta my car i take it to my local Paintless Dent Remover guy he does an awesome job and only charges me like $50 to take all dings out of the entire car.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 6:20 AM
advanced auto parts has them here and they run like 20 bucks. i might hav eto pick one up

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 6:09 PM
The paintless dent rpair shops, are they really good?

98 j-body sedan

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 12:43 PM
it works fine on paint from the factory but if u had parts repainted then it may take off the paint. just read the little booklet that comes with it i learned the hard way and now i got a nice little piece of paint missin on the hood.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search