HID Flickering? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HID Flickering?
Thursday, November 17, 2005 8:55 AM
I installed my 8000k HIDs from the GP, and when i turn them on everythings good for about 15 seconds, then the drivers light will flicker for about 3 then everythings fine again. ne ideas? my buddy said he thinks its bad ballast, we checked all the connections, and we hardwired everything in. All professionally done. Ne ideas?

Re: HID Flickering?
Thursday, November 17, 2005 9:11 AM
You broke it?

Thursday, November 17, 2005 4:33 PM
Did you use a relay? I didn't and I don't have this problem but some people do.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Thursday, November 17, 2005 5:18 PM
Could be a ballast.....i have a friend with a mazda 6 that does the same thing.....the company sent him a new ballast because the a warented for life.

Call the company and see if you can get a new one.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/champcar

Friday, November 18, 2005 1:11 AM
how long u gonna keep our convo as ur sig haha

Friday, November 18, 2005 8:09 AM
mine flicker when i turn them on when the car is not running, otherwise they turn on fine!
Friday, November 18, 2005 1:50 PM
This happens to my 8000k HIDs when my car isn't running. I almost cried when I saw them do that, and I turned my car on to move it somewhere and my HID's stayed lit up. It felt like christmas all over. So I would need a relay if I wanted them on whlie the car was off, but thats it.

Friday, November 18, 2005 2:45 PM
I have the relays but not installed. yeah it flickers when the car is off, but when i turn the car on, its down to sometimes itll flicker for about 5 seconds sometimes it wont. Im thinking maybe its everything just breaking in? but then again i wouldnt mind trying some new ballast. I got them off of the Group Purchase. Other than this I love them.
Grillrd - lol i dunno I still laugh at it everytime I look at it.

Friday, November 18, 2005 8:29 PM
Make a wire harness with the relays and power them (ballasts) straight from the battery instead of the stock headlight harness. The stock headlight wiring harness cannot handle the initial jolt of electricity needed to power up the ballast.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search