Painting / Installing new Spoiler? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Painting / Installing new Spoiler?
Thursday, November 17, 2005 7:56 AM
Not really a technical question, but more so an estimate kind, lol. Recently I bought a new spoiler for my Cavy (The Supra wing), and waiting for it to get to me . . . It'll need to be painted GM Black and installed. The problem being, I have to have my previous wing removed before hand. I've been calling around bodyshops in the area, and I've gotten so many mixed estimates. The one shop a few blocks away from my house quoted me at $600.00 saying its because they have to seal holes, paint the whole deck lid, paint the spoiler, install, etc. Another shop quoted me at around $150 saying sealing the holes is an easy job and the paint is simple cause of it being black. Has anyone had any previous expieriance in having this done? I was expecting between $100-$200 for the install, is this what I should look forward to?

Re: Painting / Installing new Spoiler?
Thursday, November 17, 2005 8:14 AM
600 dollars is rediculous, i had a z kit and spoiler put on and my whole car painted for 800
Thursday, November 17, 2005 8:17 AM
scott miles wrote:600 dollars is rediculous, i had a z kit and spoiler put on and my whole car painted for 800

musta been a @!#$ty maaco job

Thursday, November 17, 2005 8:32 AM
yeah for a whole kit and a car they must charge around 1300 at least

150 is a very good price for your trunk + spoiler........

Just make shure the body shop has good experience....
Thursday, November 17, 2005 9:07 AM
I figured the $600 estimate was ridiculous. When I talked to the guy at the other shop that quoted me for about $150, he laughed when I told him the other price. He goes "hmm, maybe if you were having a bodykit painted and installed I could see for that much maybe". He seemed confident in his price, so I think I'll end up going there.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search