Just got hit, what should i do you think. - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Just got hit, what should i do you think.
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 7:16 PM
My car was just hit today by this dude. He went on thru the stop sign. What do you think i should do with the paint job. Add a fade job or somthing on to after the body work is fixed or just let the place fix it. I kind of just wanted to see what people would do after this. Just wanted to gauge the reaction. Oh and it was his fault

Thanks for you help, just want to know what you would do after this.

Re: Just got hit, what should i do you think.
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 7:28 PM
Wow..

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 7:30 PM
(cry) sorry to hear that man. I just got into a hit and run in a parking lot last Sat.

I would rebuild her and paint her the same color. Or at least something solid. Not that big a fan of 2 tone.

~Riki

SPONSORED BY: No one!
Car Domain Site
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 7:40 PM
i on the other hand like 2 tone when done right

maybe a silver 2 tone?

or all 1 color wouldnt be bad at all either....

just wing it

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 7:42 PM
well i hope the cops were called and both of you exchanged insurance companies
that is fixable, the insurance company will only pay for what is damaged not for a custom paint job
so what kind of insurance companies do you both have??

can i haz bondo
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 7:43 PM
GO TO A BODYSHOP AND GET A QUOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 8:36 PM
I did call the cops. They cam and got all the info. I had the car sent to a body shop i know. It did alot more damage then you think. It did the fender, door, wheel, control arm, strut tower, cv joint, front bumper, crush bar, some frame. That is what i could see. I think it will be about 3k or so. I can paint. That is why i said about the two tone. I will let them do the body work and such but ill paint it. Or paint it when they get the solid color done.
Wednesday, November 16, 2005 4:27 AM
big daddy wrote:well i hope the cops were called and both of you exchanged insurance companies
that is fixable, the insurance company will only pay for what is damaged not for a custom paint job
so what kind of insurance companies do you both have??

right, it really only looks like you'll need a new fender and possible paint on the corner of the bumper. to get a whole paint job out of that is gonna be hard. maybe if he hit you all along the side of the car where the whole one side has to be repainted, then maybe

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 5:17 AM
Go to as many body shops as possible and get as many quotes as possible. Most insurance companies require three quotes and they pick the lowest of the three to go with. Get as many quotes as possible and submit only the highest ones to them. That's what I did. Got to pocket most of it since I ended up doing most of the work myself.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 12:20 PM
yea it has more damage that you can not see. The door needs paint, side skirt, bumper, fender, and hood. Well thats a good idea to go to the most body shops i can. But nation wide does not really like it when we tell them we want to go someplace. they tell us where to go.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 3:55 PM
nation wide=@!#$ty insurance company
good luck with tryin to let your insurance company and the shop letting your car go so you can paint it
just let them do their job, even though you have a @!#$ty insurance company you still have the right to take it where you want unless they have a drp shop then you have no choice

can i haz bondo
Wednesday, November 16, 2005 4:14 PM
Just cause they have a DRP does not mean that he has to take it there. I know we are going off topic but that is a large misconception amongst people not in the trade. I thought you were? A DRP shop means that they give that insurance company a discount on parts or labor. In exchange the insurance company suggests that shop to the customer. If the customer does not want to take it to that shop and tells the insurance company that they want to take it to so an so's shop, then they say that so and so's shop is not authorized to do repairs on their car. That only means that they don't want to give us a discount or that we already have a shop in that area so this shop could not get on the DRP.
I hate insurance companies. Does it show? LOL.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 6:11 PM
well now that i think about this i kind of just want them to total the car out. It has been hit two time all ready and one in the front that cost 10k to fix and the rear end cost 2200. This one i would guess is about 4k. I really just think that after being hit in the front two times and not even being done right the first time. Well thats what im hopen for now.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search