vis carbon fibre invader hood, a few questions - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
vis carbon fibre invader hood, a few questions
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 6:39 PM
Hi i am thinking about getting the vis carbon fibre invader hood for my 98 sunfire sedan; i really like this hood.
I am wondering if ya's could help me with a few questions i have.
The carbon hood is lighter then my steel oem hood right?
Do i need hood pins with a carbon fibre hood?
Will this hood sit the same height off of the engine as the oem hood, i just dont want this hood to sit any lower then my oem hood because i have an intake and strut bar, i dont want my parts rubbing on the underside of the hood running it.
Thanks very much.

98 j-body sedan

Re: vis carbon fibre invader hood, a few questions
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 6:41 PM
1) alot lighter
2) i suggest pins. its a safe investment
3) the hood as bump stops. if it sits lower, raise the bump stops and it will raise the hood

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 6:45 PM
hood pins are a safe investment, i don't have them on my hood, but it's a good idea to have them none the less. the underside of the hood doesn't sit any lower than the stock hood does, it's pretty much the exact same.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 8:12 PM
yea i have the hood and it sits just like the stock one. Great hood

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 2:27 PM
Hey. does the cf invader hood allow hot air out from under the hood, like there is a slot there to allow air out? or do you have to get it cut?
And if there is a hole there or slot, wouldn't water and snow get in there under the hood?
Can you use a crabon fibre hood in the winter, i see a buddy on here posted he had a cf hood on his car for 3 winters and it looks just as good as day one; the hood does come with clear on it so it should be fine in the winter right?
Thanks guys and gals.

98 j-body sedan

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 3:34 PM
yes the hoods let hot air out. i dont have the invader hood but i have the extractor hood which is pretty much the same and mine has vents under the hood that traps the water. the hood will hold up fine in the winter, i never take mine off

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 4:41 PM
If you have the ECO tec engine the Vent will sit right ontop of the intake...its actully slightly cutting mine...

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 4:57 PM
I have the 2200, so i should be fine for clearance and all that; thats my concern, and i do have a header on my car so any hot air i can get out would be great.
So the cf hood is okay to run it in the winter/water, and it comes with the vent already cut in the hood to release air, sweet. and it hooks up useing factory hinges and latch?
Thanks

98 j-body sedan

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 6:51 PM
terry denomme wrote:I have the 2200, so i should be fine for clearance and all that; thats my concern, and i do have a header on my car so any hot air i can get out would be great.
So the cf hood is okay to run it in the winter/water, and it comes with the vent already cut in the hood to release air, sweet. and it hooks up useing factory hinges and latch?
Thanks

yup, the vent is already cut, and you just have to put your stock hood latch and hinges on it. water is fine, but i'd still recommend taking it off for the winter if you still have your stock hood. if you have your stock hood, why risk damaging such an expensive hood?

Thursday, November 17, 2005 4:03 PM
cannon fodder wrote:
terry denomme wrote:I have the 2200, so i should be fine for clearance and all that; thats my concern, and i do have a header on my car so any hot air i can get out would be great.
Thanks

yup, the vent is already cut, and you just have to put your stock hood latch and hinges on it. water is fine, but i'd still recommend taking it off for the winter if you still have your stock hood. if you have your stock hood, why risk damaging such an expensive hood?

Thanks. Is that the carbon fibre invader hood on your sunfire in your siggy pic?
Yopu have a 2200 right, any problems with the hood rubbing on anything under the hood, or problem with fitment?
I just want to cover all things before i buy a hood.
Thanks.

98 j-body sedan

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search