single stage, dust problem with paint - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
single stage, dust problem with paint
Monday, October 10, 2005 5:50 PM
i have a little dust in my bright orange paint that was shot on my car.. not alot just a bit.. probably wont see it.. but do you guys know if that sometimes is a common problem? or noticable problem, or what can be done now?
anything?

it was shot in a garage, the garage has fans to bring out a majority of the fumes and dust but obviously some crap floats around and wont disipate..

anyways do any of u guys have a car with a little dust?
just curious. paint turned out amazing , just the dust

Re: single stage, dust problem with paint
Monday, October 10, 2005 5:57 PM
should of got it painted in a booth or atleast built something around the car. garages are very dusty. if you can see it now, chances are that it will be noticable

Monday, October 10, 2005 8:16 PM
well fisrt off why did ya have it painted in single stage??? single stage can be wet sanded and buffed, and no you will not see the dirt once it`s sanded out and buffed
but again it was a garage paint job, so it bound to have some dirt

can i haz bondo
Tuesday, October 11, 2005 1:00 PM
Just a little tip for you guys that paint in your garages...wet everything down before you paint (not the car of course). It will keep all the dust and dirt down. Im sure he went with single stage because of cost. CC is more involved mixing but is a breeze to spray, aposed to single stage which will run like crazy if you dont know what your doing. Single stage will also hide sand scratches better, CC sinks down into them and will show like crazy.
Wednesday, October 12, 2005 8:42 PM
you know how a vacuum works? is sucks up dust and crap but...it also blows out air vacuums have a filter to stop the dust from going back out ..well fans will push out dust and paint fumes but with also pick up dust and throw it till it lands on you nice paint job...the paint is wet and the dust donsn't move the best way next time is drop water all around the car before you paint has for the paint now if its only on a little spot are a little everywhere you might have to try wet sanding it smooth maybe try 1,000 grit sandpaper go over that with 1,500 are 2,000 use lots of water at all timesdon't go too deep are sand the same area to much you'll hit primer and have to paint again buff after the sandpaper and wax or.......take to a shop and have them do it but tell them you just want it buffed out (they might try to set you up with a new paint job!) good luck!

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/4235/jim25ek.jpg
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search