chrome base and chromaclear?? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
chrome base and chromaclear??
Saturday, October 08, 2005 8:36 PM
I am going to have my brother paint my bumpers and side skirts with a professional gun and he was saying to get chrome base and chromaclear. I was wondering if this stuff is any good. He said he only needs 1 pint for the front bumper and its a wings west avenger!?!?! That doesn't seem like much to me at all. My front bumper and side skirts are urathane and the rear bumper is fiberglass, is there anything special that he needs to do to these parts? I just want to know if this is an ok way to go since I don't want to get my car completely repainted any time soon. Any input on this is greatly appricated.

Re: chrome base and chromaclear??
Saturday, October 08, 2005 9:00 PM
You mean Chromabase? If your talking about the Dupont paint then yes its pretty good stuff. I had my interior painted with it but I used Dupont Nason clear instead of Chromaclear

Saturday, October 08, 2005 11:11 PM
Z2FLIP4 wrote:You mean Chromabase? If your talking about the Dupont paint then yes its pretty good stuff. I had my interior painted with it but I used Dupont Nason clear instead of Chromaclear

dood wat are u doin wit ur cav? that looks like an srt4 back

01 2200.
Saturday, October 08, 2005 11:15 PM
^^^dooood, why don't you learn to spell and use correct grammar

Saturday, October 08, 2005 11:24 PM
^^^ Dude what are you doing up so late posting on the org?

Saturday, October 08, 2005 11:55 PM
i personally like ppg i don`t like du pont at all
i would suggest 1 quart of clear and 2 pints of hardner and if dupont uses reducer a gallon of it
i would also use a flex agent for the bumpers if they are plastic simply for the reason of installin would make it easier, but not for the wing
and if your brother is a painter by trade why are you askin us?? just curious i guess

can i haz bondo
Sunday, October 09, 2005 3:47 AM
trust your brother, if he does it for a living or works anytime at all in a shop he'll know what hes doing, chromaone i know is good stuff, i would assume the stuff your refering to is a dual stage paint requiring a clear, chroma one is a single stage, no clear needed for the deep shine BUT it fades faster and its not as nice to work with. as a side note i've heard great things about ppg anyone know anything about house of kolors paint?

J~
Sunday, October 09, 2005 8:04 AM
Or, u could use chrome paint from Alsacorp. 1200 dollars a gallon, but awesome!

Sunday, October 09, 2005 8:09 AM
HOK=crap
that`s just my opinion

can i haz bondo
Sunday, October 09, 2005 1:20 PM
Quote:

Or, u could use chrome paint from Alsacorp. 1200 dollars a gallon, but awesome!

Looks like sh;t to me, its all hazy in pics. And we all know that seeing something in person adds to the blemishes than cant be picked up by a camera. My bodyshop guy said dont waste your money cuz they saw a few cars at SEMA this past year with the chrome paint. I also got a sample from Alsa, wasnt too impressed.

Sunday, October 09, 2005 1:32 PM
Cracker Rocket wrote:^^^dooood, why don't you learn to spell and use correct grammar

lol i know how to spell man,that is just the way i type online duh!

01 2200.

Sunday, October 09, 2005 5:26 PM
I personally prefer DuPont...

As far as HOK goes... Personally I like X-otic better...

oh yeah... I highly recommend NOT using single stage...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search