Someone please help!... 02 wont fit on 03 rear - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Someone please help!... 02 wont fit on 03 rear
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 8:16 AM
i just tried to testfit this rear before i take it to get painted, but it doesnt fit on there.... is there something that im doing wrong? do i need the 02 foam thing, aswell as the 2 brackets on the side?

This is it... its not going anywhere... wont move in anymore, and theres still like half inch of foam exposed right by the trunk... (yes i know my subbox is falling apart.. another project lol)

Heres the passenger side.. you can see the black plastic bracket not ligning up..

and then the drivers side... not even close..

anyone where i should go from here? please help! lol

Re: Someone please help!... 02 wont fit on 03 rear
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 8:24 AM
it should fit perfectly. i know their hard to get on, hell i even had a hard time getting my old stock bumper back on. start on one side on the wheel well and get it in place, then as you come around make sure it sits up on those 2 little tabs under the filler plate and just work your way around. once you get it to the other side you my have to push it in and pull on it to get it to wrap around.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 9:02 AM
the thing is, the 2 black plastic hangers,are from a 04.. the bumper is a 02, so the bolt locations and stuff dont line up

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 9:12 AM
you need the black hangers things from a 95-02....i did the swap

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 9:55 AM
why not just make some new drill holes, use a couple of sheet metal screws and call it a day?

2006 Black Cobalt SS Supercharged G85
13.91@102.77
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 10:27 AM
11 dollars at the dealership, not bad.. thanks for the help Cadwz24

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search