MMS Lambo Door kit shocks - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
MMS Lambo Door kit shocks
Sunday, October 02, 2005 6:00 PM
well, i was wondering how many people who have the MMS lambo kits, have blown the 750lb shocks??? i bought a kit w/ a blown shock and got a replacement, but im wondering if i should invest in a couple more shocks...

cuz with my luck they will discontinue the shock replacements weeks before my replacements go

i got a sig warning
boosted cavfire

Re: MMS Lambo Door kit shocks
Sunday, October 02, 2005 8:12 PM
well they have a 1 year warranty, I've killed I think 2 so far I belive...

Sunday, October 02, 2005 8:22 PM
Mine has been gone forever it seems..but It's easier to get in and push it up

Sunday, October 02, 2005 8:32 PM
no the one i have wont support the door anymore, hmmm maybe i should invest in a couple sets of shocks......
or, do you think a yrdolics shop could "re-charge the dead shocks?

i got a sig warning
boosted cavfire
Monday, October 03, 2005 2:18 PM
I was lookin into getting these, but it seems all i hear is about these shocks going out. idk what to do.

Monday, October 03, 2005 3:51 PM
hmmm, well im trying to source a place that can either make copies, or recharge the blown shock i already have :| grrrrrr

i got a sig warning
boosted cavfire
Monday, October 03, 2005 4:02 PM
lamargt97 wrote:I was lookin into getting these, but it seems all i hear is about these shocks going out. idk what to do.

You're hearing more about it because SO MANY people have them now. It's all part of what happens with vertical doors. They are used so much, it's bound to happen.

www.TaillightTinting.com #1 SOURCE FOR VHT NITE SHADES
www.aPlusPerformance.com BACK ONLINE SOMETIME SOON!
PHONE 763-682-9945

Monday, October 03, 2005 4:04 PM
thats true, dont NOT get the MMS kit b/c the shocks dont last for life, buy the replacements, or get them re-charged

i called around and got a price of $50 for 1 shock to be re charged, the place i also called, claims he can extend the life of them by @least half or the next one is free....

i got a sig warning
boosted cavfire
Monday, October 03, 2005 4:54 PM
^^^ You're probably going to have a lot of people asking where that place is.... I'm interested too

www.TaillightTinting.com #1 SOURCE FOR VHT NITE SHADES
www.aPlusPerformance.com BACK ONLINE SOMETIME SOON!
PHONE 763-682-9945

Monday, October 03, 2005 5:13 PM
redrumcustoms has a 2 year warrenty on their shocks and hinges but it seems that 750lb shocks blow anyway so i moved down to 700lb and its been fine 2 months strong and no problems so far. i think the 750's put to much pressure on the door and blow. i knew it was time to change from 750lb's when the shock blew and broke the hinge but that 2 year warrenty saved my butt and i got it replaced for free(this was a few months ago). try the 700's i think you will like them better also the door is a lot easier to close.

Sinister Ambitions
when your girl is getting on your last nerve f*#k her dont fight her
Monday, October 03, 2005 5:32 PM
Hey guys......If you need replacement shocks, just send me an e-mail.........I'll hook everyone up with a nice deal on single or duals........Just let me know.........

And Jason is correct.....You're hearing a lot about blown shocks because so many people have these kits. Between the 2 GP's we ran, we sold 300+ kits. Unfortunately, this does happen with the shocks. No shock can be guaranteed to not fail. We do offer a full year warranty on them, but even after that, we will stand behind what we sell and do what we can to get them replaced........

Monday, October 03, 2005 6:54 PM
this may sound dumb, but what happens when the shock goes out? does the door just fall down? and are the doors still able to open lambo style (prob just harder)?

Monday, October 03, 2005 8:00 PM
lamargt97 wrote:this may sound dumb, but what happens when the shock goes out? does the door just fall down? and are the doors still able to open lambo style (prob just harder)?

You're door will just sit there man....It will go up but you have to stand there with it up

Monday, October 03, 2005 9:48 PM
Bomex03Cavalier (1CAV2NV) wrote:
lamargt97 wrote:this may sound dumb, but what happens when the shock goes out? does the door just fall down? and are the doors still able to open lambo style (prob just harder)?

You're door will just sit there man....It will go up but you have to stand there with it up

yeah but if your trying to close the door and the shock blows you might as well prepare to buy a new hinge...that what happen to me i was closing the door and it went out and the door dropped and the part of the hinge that holds the shock broke off.

Sinister Ambitions
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 9:32 AM
Quote:

yeah but if your trying to close the door and the shock blows you might as well prepare to buy a new hinge...that what happen to me i was closing the door and it went out and the door dropped and the part of the hinge that holds the shock broke off.

im interested to know what MMS did when you told them their hinge broke...
did you just weld it back together?

i got a sig warning
boosted cavfire
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 12:11 PM
^^^ They send you a new hinge. It's all under warranty for a year. i asked Jo if i could replace my my whole passenger side and he said all i have to do is send in my old hinge and shock and they will get a new hinge out to me.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 1:05 PM
how long do the shocks usually lasts? and if they blow do u have to take off the whole door and fenders and all again? i'd hate to have these problems after the warranty runs out. sorry bout all the questions, im just makin sure i make the right choice about gettin them

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 1:49 PM
if you remove the cotter pin from the bottom of the shock, all you have to do is lift the door as high as it will go and the shock will unscrew, changing shocks takes about 2min....

how many cases have there been of broken hinges? these kits sure do look strong

ohh and lamargt97, if lets say the shock isnt covered or replaced for free, you can always get them re-charged for $50

i got a sig warning
boosted cavfire
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 1:58 PM
^^^my hinge didnt break, but the shock broke twice and i asked Joe if i could just replace the hinge and shock anyways.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 7:44 PM
well, seems like they have good customer support, i always like buying things from companies who stand by their product

i got a sig warning
boosted cavfire
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 9:08 PM
Phranny19 wrote:^^^ They send you a new hinge. It's all under warranty for a year. i asked Jo if i could replace my my whole passenger side and he said all i have to do is send in my old hinge and shock and they will get a new hinge out to me.

i dont have MMS i have RedRum Customs lambo hinge its under warrenty for 2 years instead of 1 year

Sinister Ambitions

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 8:54 AM
oh well it seems like either you buy from Joe or Redrum customs, you will gt good cutomer service

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 10:56 AM
Jason also has great customer service as well

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 1:39 PM
if u dont have a shock on the hinge will the door hang lower than it regularly would because i want to send my old shock to joe but dont know about the door if it will hag lower.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 2:07 PM
No it won't hang lower. you will still be able to open and close it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search