sunfire to cavalier swap. wiring question - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
sunfire to cavalier swap. wiring question
Saturday, October 01, 2005 12:04 PM
Hey guys. I am in the process of swapping a 96 cavalier front and 2001 sunfire front. All of the body panels are lining up great and everything, but I need to figure out the wiring for the headlight swap. I know there are several people on here that have done the swap. If anybody could help me out that would be great. I talking to you flaked z fire. I am trying to finish this tonight or tomorrow morning tho so the sooner the better. Thanks guys.

Re: sunfire to cavalier swap. wiring question
Saturday, October 01, 2005 10:11 PM
If you are using the Cavi headlight plugs on the Fire, all you need to do is ut off Fire single headlight plug.

Splice in the Cavi headlight plugs low pos to low pos, high pos to high pos, common ground between the 2.

Sunday, October 02, 2005 9:53 AM
how easy is this swap?? cause i'm in the process of doing this myself. And I do have a cavalier i'm just wanting to give it a face lift sunfires look more aggressive IN MY OPINION. How ever correct me if im wrong to complete this I will need the following

hood, fenders, front bumper, crush guard, headlights plus the wiring asslembly.
Sunday, October 02, 2005 5:54 PM
^ everything bolts right on. then it's just some splicing of the headlight wiring depending on years.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Sunday, October 02, 2005 6:02 PM
when i did the swap this way, splicing the 2 ground into the exisiting sunfire ground, the corner lights were not of equal brightness and the high beams would produce a small amount of light when low beam was on, and vice versa....

but maybe cuz i did have enough grounding?

i got a sig warning
boosted cavfire
Sunday, October 02, 2005 6:11 PM
I believe that you could be able to run the high beam ground to a chassis ground with no adverse effects.

Sunday, October 02, 2005 6:22 PM
Hey Kardain, are you making those lights for yourself, or do you plan on selling sets of those too?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search