Which rear w/ hitch - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Which rear w/ hitch
Thursday, September 29, 2005 9:57 PM
Next year, assuming everything goes well financially, it'll be kit time for the Fire. There's a catch however, I have a hitch on the car that is used for a bike rack (gf & I go biking every so often) and wish to retain use of it as a trunk mounted rack doesn't work too well. Occasionally I will tow her jetski as well (when she's at work and I have the day off that is). Is there a rear that will allow access to the hitch without modification?

Re: Which rear w/ hitch
Friday, September 30, 2005 12:06 AM
I know the stock 95-99 Z24 rear works.. so does the 00-01. But the 02 (with lip) doesn't, nor does the 03-05 Z24/LS Sport rear. The drift rear I used to have would have (since it's all open).

I know that doesn't really answer your question (sorry), since I don't have a Sunfire.

Which hitch are you using? I have the Draw-Tite one, which is so close to the body which makes it a problem to fit it.

I'll be cutting an access hole in the bumper, sorta like what you see in most of the imports and BMW's for the draw bar (from the factory). Except mine will be in the middle

Friday, September 30, 2005 1:37 AM
I have hidden hitch, and the 02 LS Sport, and mine sits perfectly where it needs be.....
no probs at all.... i also ran my wires through the rubber mount in the left side corner of trunk and they come out of the liscence plate light, hole, if i remove my drawe bar, you can't see a thing.....

wait for it... wait for it... NOW GO!! ---> '02 LS Sport <---
Yahoo IM : buzz122 AIM : buzz122cav
Friday, September 30, 2005 5:44 AM
It's a draw-tite, I'll check out some pics for the Drift rear later today. If not, I'll follow your advice on the access hole. Thanks Lenko

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search