Vert doors - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Vert doors
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 8:52 PM
Alright I have some plans for my cav. But I need to do some serious checking on things. I want to do a top like the del sol's have. I'm not sure if it has been done on a cav. or not but I'm wondering if Convertable doors will fit on a non-vert car? Anyone have any information on this type of conversion. any helps would be appreciated. Thanks

Re: Vert doors
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 8:57 PM
You would have to do some body bracing as the roof is "load bearing" due to the unibody construction... among other things. Vert doors are the same as non-vert doors just without the upper window track.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 9:10 PM
Alright, I was thinking they would be the same but I had heard ppl say there was differences. I'm not sure if it will happen but I think it would look pretty sick if it does get done. Just a matter of figuring out what exactly I will have to do. I'm thinking having a sunroof will help with the bracing already. But I"m sure there will be plenty more needed, Just not sure how much yet. car is going to be down for a while so I've got time to figure out just what and how to do it.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 11:56 PM
if you're doing what i think you're talking about doing, please run a search for "targa top" here in exterior and you'll find out a ton of information regarding it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search