DRL's - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
DRL's
Monday, September 12, 2005 7:09 AM
Did a search and couldn't find any info on a mod where the DRL and Healights would both come on at the same time... anyone know if this is possible and have any info on it??? Thanks.

Re: DRL's
Monday, September 12, 2005 7:53 AM
drl's are your headlights, as far as i know theyre the low beams, so when you turn on the headlights technically the DRLs are still on

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Monday, September 12, 2005 9:03 AM
Headlights at half power.

Monday, September 12, 2005 9:17 PM
Then my lights are messed up cause when i switch from DRL to my normal lights it uses a different bulb. I want both to be on at the same time 9006 and 9007(i think thats the bulb #'s). Also I have a 98z.
Tuesday, September 13, 2005 5:39 AM
That's okay. I believe on certain cars high beams are actually the drl. As for having both headlights on, do you want them on at the same time at full power or drl and the other on? Honestly I dunno why anyone would want drl, imho doesn't look that great on the car from my stand point to have weak yellow headlights on all the time.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 9:01 PM
im talking about having the drl's on (which are tinted blue) on with the night time lights..

*+ +* = front of car

where '*' is the night time lights and '+' is my DRL's and it's a 98z.
and they would be on at full power. i thought i read on this site years ago a way to wire it up...
Wednesday, September 14, 2005 5:43 AM
your drl's are your high beams at half power. if you want to get an idea at how it would look with both sets on. pull the handle to switch the high beams on and don't release it. that will put both sets of lights on. now to do it automatically, i don't know.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Wednesday, September 14, 2005 3:58 PM
i saw a kit before-maybe jcwhitney??-that you could have your highs and lows on at the same time. Just wish i could remember where i saw it. You could use it on anything that has both hi and lo beam bulbs---search the net i guess. Sorry i couldn't help more
Wednesday, September 14, 2005 4:55 PM
well if u want to loose the use of ur high beams....u can get a resistor for the ur high beams and wire it in series....use ohms law to figure out the size of the resister.....after the install...u should be able to turn the high beams on but they will only show with half power....THIS WILL DISCONTINUE THE POSSIBLE USE OF YOUR BRIGHTS.....this wouldn't be too great of an idea for most but if u really really want to have them look like ur asking them to...then it should work decently
Thursday, September 15, 2005 9:11 PM
Right now if I try to put on my highbeams i loose both headlights. anyone ever heard of this? and my drl's work fine.
Friday, September 16, 2005 4:10 AM
just make sure that you do some rewiring...our headlight harnesses are not esigned to run both at the same time...could fry your wiring

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search