HELP!! installing clear corners 02 cavy - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HELP!! installing clear corners 02 cavy
Friday, July 08, 2005 9:25 AM
i just purchased the rk sport clear corners for my 2002 cavalier, im currently installing them at this moment anyone know how i can get the stock ones out without removing the bumper? or fenders? PL EASE let me know if you have done this before, or know the first steps in installing them. and no they did not come with directions- THANKS!!!

Too fast to live, Too young to die, Be reckless

Re: HELP!! installing clear corners 02 cavy
Friday, July 08, 2005 9:33 AM
.................women..................

Civickiller
Friday, July 08, 2005 9:34 AM
thanks that doesn't help im installing them right now- GRR

Friday, July 08, 2005 9:42 AM
Take a long screwdriver and put it in this hole:

There is a clip in there, push it towards the corner light, and use your other hand to pull the light out. If you shine a flashlight down there, you'll see the clip you need to push.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Friday, July 08, 2005 10:11 AM
You arnt serious....

Its just corner lenses

Friday, July 08, 2005 10:21 AM
^ Not sure if you've ever worked on the 2000+, but if you haven't ever taken the light out, or seen it taken out, its not easy to figure out. The headlight doesn't come out without taking the corner light out first. The 95-99's were easy, take the headlight off, and remove the 3 metal nuts on the plastic studs. The 2000+'s are a bit more difficult. You have to find that hole, use a long screwdriver to push the clip over, while pulling out on the corner light.

I couldn't figure it out the first time I wanted to do it in my 2000, so I had to have a tech show me.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Friday, July 08, 2005 10:38 AM
Don't worry, I just took mine out the other day and put in black corners. Its not difficult to figure out, but if you need help you can use your car manual and under changing light bulbs it shows you how to take out your head lights, tail lights and corner lights and all other lights.
One thing I suggest though, when taking them out put a cloth or something over the bumper area where its going to pop out cause it may scratch your bumper paint.
Good Luck!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/857357
Friday, July 08, 2005 10:51 AM
ummmm if u have ur instruction manual look it up how to replace the corner bulbs... its a b*&ch taking out the front plastic cover witht the clips i broke 2 of mine replacing my corners
Saturday, July 09, 2005 2:05 PM
thanks....to everyone who helped...i used that long screwdriver to push the clip out and pulled out the light easily....looks great !

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search