overheating from rk bumper? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
overheating from rk bumper?
Tuesday, June 07, 2005 10:05 PM
ok guys Im gona purchase the rkpsort urethane kit from bodykits.com for my 4 door sunfire. Ive been researching that the front bumper causes the car to overheat due to blocking the radiator. is this so? and how are u guys doing to cope with it thanks.

Re: overheating from rk bumper?
Tuesday, June 07, 2005 10:21 PM
it's been known to cause a few cars to overheat in long term stop and go traffic... i havn't had a single problem with my car even getting warmer than normal with the streetfire front bumper... so it does depend on how you drive and what kind of conditions you drive in.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005 10:30 PM
thats why I went with drift

Tuesday, June 07, 2005 11:13 PM
I drive my car hard even in stop/go traffic, and have yet to run into even the slightest overheating prob...I really havent even noticed a shift in temp at all...I guess it all depends on the year more than anything, from the probs I have heard about...the 02- have more of a prob than the 03+. Dunno where the dif comes from, but as far as I know, that is where the big prob comes in.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005 6:59 AM
i got the 03+ StreetFire front and since i put it on in town ive noticed my car being about 10 degrees hotter...doesnt happen all the time, just every now and then.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search