anyone know of a boosted blazer? - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
anyone know of a boosted blazer?
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 11:36 PM
hey, my friends lookin to put a supercharger on his 95 4.3L blazer. anyone know how well the stock bottom ends on these holds up to boost? he's only lookin to put 5-6 lbs of boost in. it was rebuld two years ago with a mild cam, headers, and a bored it .020 over. that's all i can remember, anyway. all new bearings in it, so we're not to worried about that. he really wants a roots style blower (my M90 if i upgrade to an M112 for my GTP). but we're not sure of clearance issues. he'll get a centrifical if that's not an option, but really wants a roots. he also doesnt want a turbo. the typhoons already did that. it'd be damn unique though. custom fabricated intake manifold and intake piping along with throttle body. gonna be a PITA, but awesome when/if it's done. so, opinions? good? bad? just dont say "buy a new car with all of that money". he wants something that no one else has, and this'll be a lot closer than buying an f-body.
TIA

Andy

it's not how fast you go, it's how you get there that counts.
ZZP XP cam, 1.6 rockers, 105# springs, speedbuilt FWI, 3.3" modular pulley, TOG headers,
3" exhaust, flomatched injectors
'97 GTP 14.06@100.6mph pre cam w/ 3.5" pulley, I/E

Re: anyone know of a boosted blazer?
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 2:15 AM
231 Cubes of Fury wrote:hey, my friends lookin to put a supercharger on his 95 4.3L blazer. anyone know how well the stock bottom ends on these holds up to boost? he's only lookin to put 5-6 lbs of boost in. it was rebuld two years ago with a mild cam, headers, and a bored it .020 over. that's all i can remember, anyway. all new bearings in it, so we're not to worried about that. he really wants a roots style blower (my M90 if i upgrade to an M112 for my GTP). but we're not sure of clearance issues. he'll get a centrifical if that's not an option, but really wants a roots. he also doesnt want a turbo. the typhoons already did that. it'd be damn unique though. custom fabricated intake manifold and intake piping along with throttle body. gonna be a PITA, but awesome when/if it's done. so, opinions? good? bad? just dont say "buy a new car with all of that money". he wants something that no one else has, and this'll be a lot closer than buying an f-body.
TIA
wouldn't it be almost like a typhoon exp not AWD and Turbo charged?

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 4:25 AM
over on turbotruck.net theres an older blazer with a 6.0L(LQ4) and a turbo. On 4lbs of boost, on street tires he ran a 12.43 @109. Here is a link to a thread with the pics link
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 8:38 AM
Larry Martin wrote:TIA
wouldn't it be almost like a typhoon exp not AWD and Turbo charged?

the only similarity is that it'll be boosted. that's like saying my GTP is like a Grand National but not turbocharged and not RWD.

plus his is 4wd, so it'll still launch like a beast. he can beat me out of the hole for the first 30 feet of a race or so.

Andy

it's not how fast you go, it's how you get there that counts.
ZZP XP cam, 1.6 rockers, 105# springs, speedbuilt FWI, 3.3" modular pulley, TOG headers,
3" exhaust, flomatched injectors
'97 GTP 14.06@100.6mph pre cam w/ 3.5" pulley, I/E
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 6:50 PM
www.s10forum.com

Sorry.....
You have been banned from posting on this site as of 2005-01-13 10:15:53.
This ban will expire 2005-01-14 10:15:35 Pacific Time.
Reason: Free 84 Cavi Drop Top!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search