No More JuicedDSM - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
No More JuicedDSM
Saturday, October 01, 2005 7:17 PM
Thats right, I no longer have juice on my car. Sold my NX kit today. Took the package to UPS this afternoon. I also am no longer in the DSM scene as of next weekend. Driving to Texas to get my next project.

The turbo DSM is being parted out. Except the turbo and SMIC. I may need that.

Well heres a pic of what i'm picking up in Texas.

For those who dont know its a Trueno. AE86 Corolla. It has no motor in it currently but I'm getting a motor with it. Its a 4age fully assembeled with forged pistons and rods running a 9.2:1 compression ratio. Motor is ready to go just needs dropped in the car.

Thats why i'm keeping the turbo and SMIC. That 1.65L 9.2:1 motor is going to love a few lbs of boost.

Re: No More JuicedDSM
Saturday, October 01, 2005 7:45 PM
don't go with a 4AGE

you can get a Levin front clip with the 4AGZE for fairly cheap (same engine but supercharged) and then just find a trashed Geo prizm with the 7AFE 1.8 make your own 7AGZE thats the way to go... I have a buddy I used to work with that has a 1st gen MR2, it starte doff as teh supercharged motor but he swapped a bunch of crap around, using all factory stock parts using the 7XXX block with a 20 valve G head with individual throttle bodies, the rods and pistons are all frged (don't remeber what they came form) and then he slapped on a big ass turbo, a 75 wet shot and a full stand alone.... that little @!#$ box HAULS ASS!! he put down 400+ on the dyno and the cost of the project not including the car itself was about $4-5 K, and thats for everything, even suspension and brake upgrades, wheels and tire upgrades, all his gauges and switches, and the stand alone are all hooked up and wired in through a 1 off custom full replacement wiring harness from headlight to tail light (that took him like 2 monthes hahah)

but yeah theres alot of potential with that engine series

Saturday, October 01, 2005 8:06 PM
I may look into more, but the engine is comming with the car. Whether I get the engine or not the price will not change so I might as well take it. Its a pretty built motor from what I understand.

The 4AGE motor is pretty good. It is the 20valve motor AE101 which is 160HP at 7400 RPM's. Very compareable to the B16 for honda's. It also has oil cooled pistons on the motor stock. Unlike DSM's if your timing belt snaps you will not bend valves. Which is nice. Still recommended to change it out but atleast if it goes it's not going to kill something in your motor.

I probably would have ran a high compression pistons with a header and exhaust and other bolt ons to go all motor. But since I have a 14b turbo and SMIC and the compression is decently low, I guess i'll have to go ahead and turbo it =P

The 20v 4age motor in an AE86 is said to run a low 15 1/4. Straight line racing is not my goal with this car but also nice.

I have done my homework with this =P

Saturday, October 01, 2005 10:25 PM
cool man

other cars, better cars?
Sunday, October 02, 2005 1:28 AM
i really really like those cars

Sunday, October 02, 2005 7:18 AM
Larry Martin wrote:i really really like those cars

So have I. I have to admit I started getting interested into them when I was watching Initial D, lol. Then after looking into them and the weight ratio and how awsome they handle and every other good thing I waned one real bad.

Sunday, October 02, 2005 9:20 AM
the only thing that sucks is its not the hacthback or liftback or notchback, whatever you wanna call it. They look better imo. but cool nonetheless

Sunday, October 02, 2005 9:30 AM
Go to http://www.club4ag.com/ Just make sure you don't tell them you saw the car in Initial D

Sunday, October 02, 2005 10:57 AM
themarin8r wrote:the only thing that sucks is its not the hacthback or liftback or notchback, whatever you wanna call it. They look better imo. but cool nonetheless

I always said I would only buy one if it was a hatch. Then i saw the coupe more and more and I begin to like it. I have love for both. If I had a choice I would probably take the hatch just because its a bit lighter. Either way it doesn't make much of a difference. There are less coupes around and people are usually only familiar with the hatches. All the better for me.

Drew Van Oort wrote:Go to http://www.club4ag.com/ Just make sure you don't tell them you saw the car in Initial D

I have been a member there for months now. Atleast 6 months. In fact thats where I found the car forsale is on club4ag.com

Sunday, October 02, 2005 11:45 AM
rwd drive? right?

-Borsty
Sunday, October 02, 2005 2:10 PM
I think the corolla is FWD isnt it? unless you're talking about it being modified to RWD.

Sunday, October 02, 2005 2:56 PM
all AE86s are RWD, nice car btw

Sunday, October 02, 2005 4:09 PM
Here's some more pictures.

Trunk load of spare parts.

Where most of my time will be spent. Notice its a tranny and not some transaxle for a wrong wheel drive car =P

The heart of the car. 4AGE 20valve motor. 9.2:1 forged pistons, eagle forged rods, P&P head fully rebuilt 0 miles never installed.

The interrior. Actually not too bad for a 20year old car. Just needs cleaned real good and some minor stuff. Bahh but interrior is no big deal.

Sunday, October 02, 2005 6:23 PM
goodluck man. looks fun!

Whats a Cavalier?
Sunday, October 02, 2005 7:35 PM
Why Do Birds Suddenly Appear wrote:goodluck man. looks fun!

Thanks appreciate it. Wont be much fun until I clean up that engine bay. If the motor is out might as well clean it really well and make sure all the wires are routed properly etc. Engine is brand new so no reason the engine bay cant be. Going to use the 15HP pressure washer from my shop. That'l help a lot. Dirt engine bays are my pet peeves.

I'll keep it updated. Some dont care some find it interesting. What ever it may be i'm going to take lots of pictures any ways =P

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search