Next-Gen Mitsubishi Lancer Evo (pics) - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Next-Gen Mitsubishi Lancer Evo (pics)
Thursday, September 29, 2005 9:08 AM

Mitsubishi has plenty planned for the upcoming Tokyo Motor Show, including the highly-anticipated world concept debut of its next-generation rally car.
The highlight of Mitsu's show stand will be Concept-X, which is basically the next-generation Lancer Evolution. The company will also show Concept-D:5, a go-anywhere, high-performance concept.

Concept-X is powered by a turbocharged 2.0-liter four mated to a clutchless six-speed auto-manual transmission controlled by paddle shifters mounted on the steering column.
The frame has been significantly stiffened, while the use of aluminum in the hood, trunk lid, fenders, roof and front and rear door panels reduces weight. Reducing weight in the roof and upper parts of the body helps lower the center of gravity, while weight reduction in the doors, engine hood, and trunk reduces the moment of inertia for better steerability.
Suspension is MacPherson strut at the front and a multi-link at the rear.

The on-board multimedia system includes a high-definition liquid crystal monitor providing real-time display of vehicle and the all-wheel-drive system’s operating status while also displaying on-board navigation system maps and DVD audio controls. Rear seat passengers have their own liquid crystal display on the back of the front seats that allows them to share with the driver driving-related information and his/her fun-to-drive experience.
Although it is a concept, but this is pretty much it.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Re: Next-Gen Mitsubishi Lancer Evo (pics)
Thursday, September 29, 2005 9:09 AM
And on related news... .

Mitsubishi's North American unit said it is on the road to recovery after two years of falling sales, The Wall Street Journal reported.
"We think we're in a turn-around mode," says Dave Schembri, executive vice president of sales and marketing at Mitsubishi's U.S. operations. "We are relaunching our brand one model at a time."

In August, Mitsubishi sold 10,945 vehicles in the U.S., which was a 2% increase from the same period last year, and represents a 5% rise from July, the story said. Of the August sales, 2,324 of the vehicles sold were Eclipses, up 36 percent this year and up 163 percent from last year. Schembri says he expects to sell 1,000 more Eclipses this month than were sold in August.

Mitsubishi also began a new sales promotion last week that offers free gas to customers who purchase remaining 2005 models. Each customer will receive a prepaid debit card for $1,500 to $2,500, depending on which vehicle was purchased.
Mitsubishi just introduced its new mid-size pickup truck, the Raider, which arrived at dealerships last weekend. The Raider is built for Mitsubishi by Chrysler and is derived from Chrysler's Dodge Dakota pickup.

In a related story, The Detroit News reported that struggling Mitsubishi is turning its Japanese roots into a selling point.
"While our competitors are kind of hiding from the fact that they are Japanese (we want) to celebrate the Japanese-ness of our brand," said Schembri. "If you want the American story, we have that as well."

Speaking at a press event in Michigan marking the launch of its new Raider pickup, Schembri said Mitsubishi's marketing research shows that most Americans associate Japanese products with quality and value.
It is all part of an effort to ride the wave of "J-cool" — a love affair with all things Japanese, notably comics, video games, and animation — that Schembri compares to the British invasion of the 1960s, the story said.

-WSJ-

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Thursday, September 29, 2005 9:12 AM
Ugliest rearend EVAR!

Frank Serpico: The reality is that we do not wash our own laundry - it just gets dirtier.
Thursday, September 29, 2005 9:19 AM
all i can think of when looking at it is, GALANT

:::Creative Draft Image Manipulation Forum:::
Thursday, September 29, 2005 9:21 AM
The side profile looks the same as an acura TSX

Thursday, September 29, 2005 9:30 AM
for th emost part i like it

the tails i think would of been better going stright instead of angling

the big huge center section of the front has me boggled

Thursday, September 29, 2005 9:35 AM
agreed, the back end could use some work, but damn that thing looks mean. well, not as much mean as pissed off. maybe it's angry because it's got an ugly butt?

Andy

Andy

it's not how fast you go, it's how you get there that counts.
ZZP XP cam, 1.6 rockers, 105# springs, speedbuilt FWI, 3.3" modular pulley, TOG headers,
3" exhaust, flomatched injectors
'97 GTP 14.06@100.6mph pre cam w/ 3.5" pulley, I/E
Thursday, September 29, 2005 9:50 AM
pics of galant for comparison

i think the looks WAAYYY to much alike.

those images in the first post look more like a tuned galant then a next gen evo

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:::Creative Draft Image Manipulation Forum:::
Thursday, September 29, 2005 9:55 AM
wow....i thought the current model looked bad....

Thursday, September 29, 2005 10:06 AM
One word. Eww.

Thursday, September 29, 2005 10:19 AM
Damn some judgemental people. lol
The in it self does look a little like the previous Galant. But that Galant had the looks of the better looking BMWs of the past.
This model goes on that same route and adds the Acura TL to the mix. In the end it looks sporty and attractive. But those rear lights gotta go!

Since this platform is shared on the Dodge Caliber, and upcoming Dodge Avenger (mid-size sedan model). You would wonder if DCX will bring it as the compact version for Dodge as the Caliber being SUV-type-style can't really compete with "cars."

Hmm DCX not a bad idea in the Dodge lineup^ .

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Thursday, September 29, 2005 10:44 AM
that interior is PIMPORZ

I ain't callin u a gold digga,but you ain't messin wit a broke cracka
Thursday, September 29, 2005 11:13 AM
I dont know whats wrong with u guys i'm guessing your all use to ur cavies lol but that EVO is fuking sweeeet, very very nice maybe the rear can be a lil better. I'm liking the direction of mitsu and hopefully they keep it up. Thx for the pics.

~*Gilles*~

Thursday, September 29, 2005 11:31 AM
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! SO SWEET! I would tint the tails black.

I WOULD LOVE ONE!

"Remember do what you like because you have to drive it."--Me
Thursday, September 29, 2005 11:37 AM
I like it, I hate it, I'm confused

New sig in the works
Thursday, September 29, 2005 12:11 PM
Very tight! Love everything about it!
Thursday, September 29, 2005 12:18 PM
I think it looks sexy as hell the tails need to be bigger though, i think if you make the tails bigger to fit the ass end of the car it would fill it out more. just my .02 cents

Thursday, September 29, 2005 12:30 PM
it looks like a damn dodge charger. i dont really like it, to much going on its not a smooth look.

Thursday, September 29, 2005 1:01 PM
Looks f*ckin awesome!

Looks like a completely custom acura TL.

Thursday, September 29, 2005 1:12 PM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

Mitsubishi has plenty planned for the upcoming Tokyo Motor Show, including the highly-anticipated world concept debut of its next-generation rally car.
The highlight of Mitsu's show stand will be Concept-X, which is basically the next-generation Lancer Evolution. The company will also show Concept-D:5, a go-anywhere, high-performance concept.

Concept-X is powered by a turbocharged 2.0-liter four mated to a clutchless six-speed auto-manual transmission controlled by paddle shifters mounted on the steering column.
The frame has been significantly stiffened, while the use of aluminum in the hood, trunk lid, fenders, roof and front and rear door panels reduces weight. Reducing weight in the roof and upper parts of the body helps lower the center of gravity, while weight reduction in the doors, engine hood, and trunk reduces the moment of inertia for better steerability.
Suspension is MacPherson strut at the front and a multi-link at the rear.

The on-board multimedia system includes a high-definition liquid crystal monitor providing real-time display of vehicle and the all-wheel-drive system’s operating status while also displaying on-board navigation system maps and DVD audio controls. Rear seat passengers have their own liquid crystal display on the back of the front seats that allows them to share with the driver driving-related information and his/her fun-to-drive experience.
Although it is a concept, but this is pretty much it.

2004 Nissan Maxima SE w/ Elite Pkg
2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe w/ Sport Pkg
Thursday, September 29, 2005 1:13 PM
wtf? i donno what just happened..

oh well i think the interior is pimp but the exterior is a love it or hate it styling. I hope it puts out good power with the new engine!

2004 Nissan Maxima SE w/ Elite Pkg
2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe w/ Sport Pkg

Thursday, September 29, 2005 1:41 PM
poor evo...

-------------
Now Blazing: Black Domina
Thursday, September 29, 2005 3:11 PM
Craptacular!!

Red 2005 Saturn Ion-3 Coupe
Thursday, September 29, 2005 3:22 PM
I like those headlights a lot. Don't care for the tail lights though. Interior looks nice. I wonder how it handles. Definately looks heavier...

Thursday, September 29, 2005 3:26 PM
WhiteCav01 wrote:I like it, I hate it, I'm confused

I concur.

If it's not network news, it's probably the truth getting out.

Some people are like slinkies: Not really good for anything,
but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them
down a flight of stairs.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search