What's up w/ 2000+ Neons?? - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What's up w/ 2000+ Neons??
Monday, August 15, 2005 6:09 PM
I realize most of the 1st gen Neons had that stupid heak gasket issue..(i should know,
I had a 95), but I though they had the prob fixed from the 99 and up.

But I've ran in to three different people in the last few days who all have had head
gasket issues on their Neons too.....and these where like 2000s and 2001's

Is this still a common prob with these cars? (i can't remember if it still had the Mitsu
motor)

It kinda worrys me since a friend of mine just picked up a 01, and she does a lot of
driving..

Re: What's up w/ 2000+ Neons??
Tuesday, August 16, 2005 7:34 AM
Nobody knows someone who has a newer Neon??

Tuesday, August 16, 2005 11:29 AM
I believe it is the same motor in all the neons, until you hit like the 2.4 Turbo.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005 3:21 PM
Note: The Neon's NEVER HAD a Bitsumishi motor in them!!! The 2.0, both SOHC and DOHC, were all Chrysler design, as was the 2.4. And yes, even a few of the newer ones have had head gasket issues.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Tuesday, August 16, 2005 3:32 PM
I am a tech at a Dodge dealership. It is RARE to see a newer Neon with a headgasket issue, since Mopar went to a MLS (multi-layer steel) headgasket design. We've done a few, but nothing like the amount that we've done on the older ones. And the few we have done have normally failed either because the engine was overheated (bad maintenance) or the head bolts were not properly torqued from the factory (has only happened once at my shop). As long as you take care of them, the newer Neon is a solid car, with relatively few issues. The only current models of chryslers that really have issues are the sebring and the pacifica.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Tuesday, August 16, 2005 6:01 PM
Hmm..that could be true..though it's funny you say that about the sebring.....

Tuesday, August 16, 2005 7:31 PM
My Grandmother bouught a 2000 Neon in 1999 and hasn't had a single problem with her car at all.

Yella02-I promise I will return to you in one piece and this will stay up until I am safely home

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search